Fishing Saturday - Jan 1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing Saturday - Jan 1?

50 degrees Saturday who is fishing and where?

depending on the wind maybe we could get a group together to see what brandon shores is like??? if not im heading to the gunpowder with my 4wt and getting my 2011 skunk outa the way.
    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

or maybe the bay bridge???
      Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

Comment

Indian River Inlet for Tog?

Comment

Purchased my 2011 license, but plan on staying close. Have two kids home from college, only get to sneak out for a few hours. Think I will try Wye Lake for panfish/largemouth or Tuckahoe creek for pickeral. Looks like it will be in the 40-50 degress range next four days, ice should melt by the weekend.

Comment

Hey guys ......... the water temps are mighty cold ................ the power plants are probably the bet .......... fish seem to like the warm water better and they feed there ........... BB is finished for the year and IRI in the cold is too risky for me ...........

Peach Bottom
            Brandon Shores
            THe Power Plant by the Gunpowder
            THe Hanover Street Bridge has given up some big wintertime stripers too .....

Dark color Eastern Shore Ponds give up some big bass this time of year if you know where to find some ..........

Comment

Susquehanna river. Caught 3 small mouth bass last weekend on swim shads and bucktails and will give that another try. Still searching for a walleye. I tied some Clouser minnows and will try them. Mostly white with some Krystal sparkle. Will also try some darker colors.

Comment

Good job on the smallmouth. I was going to mention smallmouth in the ohter thread about fish and where to go. However, thought they may even hunker down in the really cold weather. I know how it goes with the walleye. They are there, but not quite in the numbers as bass. Same as on the upper Potomac, that is probably a fishery that needs to grow some for the numbers to improve. It would really be great if walleye numbers would improve on the rivers in the area. I like to fish the upper Potomac for smallmouth and occasionally pick up a few walleye. I have not gotten a musky yet, but have heard tales from other fisherman comming back in at the ramp.

I think my winter fish will be panfish from local areas. Its a bit cold for me to be fishing. I am spoiled by better weather and better numbers of fish. Not that I keep or kill alot of fish, but a little adrenaline helps warm things up.

Good luck.

Comment

If any of you brave souls care to join me im going to see if i cant put in at fort armistead park this saturday. If i can find a suitable launch it should only be a mile paddle to where the discharge from brandon shores should be. I figure with it being new years day morning there will be a good plume of warm water coming from the plant. The air temp looks good and winds are minimal so it should be pretty nice out there. If i dont pick anything up there in the AM im driving up to the gunpowder and am going to soak a few nymphs at one of my spots that holds trout year round.

Comment

I just got back from the eastern shore. The Bay was just as flat as could be. What a great day it would have been for kayaking. Too bad the water has to be as cold as it is. The fish would probably not cooperate. Of course it is also the only chance the bay has to recover from bad conditions, such as algae blooms. Anyway, the diver ducks were having a good day. Good luck to you brave souls on Saturday.

If you all should go around those nuke plants, maybe you sould go at night. The fish may glow at night.

Comment

I'm interested in saturday. someone call me and let me know when and where. 443-306-7306
                      Thanks, Tom
                      Tom Brown
                      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                      2012 Hobie PA 14'
                      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Tom,

I don't know what anyone else is doing. I suspect everyone is going to be a bit under the weather from this evening. I am taking it easy for the first time in a while, so ill be fresh and ready to rock in the AM. As i said before i am going to be launching from Fort Armistead Park, which i think is in pasadena, just south of the key bridge. I have to check the tide tables, but i think im going to get there at around 7am. I've never been to the park but from what i have read i think it has a boat ramp. From there its like a mile paddle to the middle of the coal loading pier off of the powerplant where hopefully i'll find a big temperature spike and feeding fish, ideally 15 degrees higher. If you care to join give me a call at somepoint today. If i dont answer leave a message and ill call you back. 443-465-6815

- Mike

Comment

Just loaded the kayak and will be making a round of the favorites spots today here on the eastern shore to see whats frozen and if any fish are biting.

Most likely place I will fish tomorrow is Wye Lake or Tuckahoe Creek. If anyone wants to join me let me know.

Bryan

Comment

I might try Wye lake myself, never caught Pickerel there maybe something new.
                            Hey Eastonkayaker are you going in Tuckahoe lake or creek.
                            Don't know if it works until you try it.

Ocean Kayak Big Game
                            LL Bean Manatee 10

Comment

Tucked In,

I plan on trying Wye Lake first - will be there between 9:00 and 10:00 am.

Today at noon there was ice around the ramp, should be ok to get on the water in the morning, main part of the lake is ice free. If nothing happening will head over to Tuckahoe Creek.

I did fish Wye Creek from shore, pickeral and crappie are around according to a local who was fishing there using live minnows, I didn't see him catch anything, I had a few bites on nightcrawler, probably blue gill, small crappie.

After the Wye headed to Tuckahoe creek, no ice, tide was coming in, had one good pickeral on but didn't get him to the kayak. It was very nice weather, three other kayakers and a canoe on the water, Probably be more people there tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X