Father's Day trip to Lake Anna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Day trip to Lake Anna

This was my first kayak fishing trip on Lake Anna and about my 6th trip ever kayak fishing. I was on the water by 6:30am (warm side near Elk Creek). I'm pretty new to both kayaking and fishing and so peddled around watching the ff for drop offs and places where there might be some fish. I was trolling a rapala minnow and as I passed over a drop off, I caught a bass. I zigzagged back and forth and every time over the same spot, caught another small bass. I caught 6 total all around 9-12in.

I also tried near a bridge using a beetle spin with crappie bites and caught a couple small bass and a few small catfish as well.

IMAG1095.jpgIMAG1098.jpgIMAG1099.jpg

Had a lot of fun. I'm getting more used to reading the ff. I think I'm gonna stock up on some crank baits (some that dive deeper) and try those next time to see if I can catch bigger fish. I tried plastic minnows, worms and spinners, but the crank bait seemed to work the best by far. Also anxious to explore around different parts of the lake.

The trip before this I dropped a rod in the water, and the trip before that I flipped the kayak and got water in my ff (water leaked in thru the ssd card rubber cover). On this trip, I had everything leashed down and happy to report that this time there wasn't even a close call of losing anything overboard
    2012 Hobie Revo 13

Be careful trolling deep running crankbaits if you are fond of them I know I've lost plenty when I've gone over structure or the bottom comes up quick. Congrats on the fish and the successful trip.
    Jeff
    Life's Short, Fish Hard
    Malibu X-Factor
    Ocean Kayak Frenzy

Comment

ha, good job on staying upright!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X