Father's Day results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Day results

I'm sure many of you used your Father's Day free pass for a fishing trip. I stayed on my home lake, Lake Linganore, to maximize time on the water. I fished from 1 to 5pm so not the best time of day but still a great outing.

I brought only 2 rods and some water since I was only 2 minutes from home. I forget how much prep time goes into a trip until I don't have to do it!
    20130616_132929.jpg
    This guy was 20" and there were 4 more 16" to 18".
    20130616_163230.jpg
    This one grabbed the lure right after the 20" in the same exact spot.
    20130616_165303.jpg

Please share your father's day results.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    Mike
    Feelfree Lure 11.5
    Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Nice Job!
    2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

That's one of my favorite crankbaits....that bluegill has good taste.
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Nice job!
        Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
        Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
        Northern Pike: 24 inches
        Crappie: 12 inches
        Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

That lure is new for me this year and has very quickly become a top 5 lure for me. All 5 bass this trip were on that lure.
          Mike
          Feelfree Lure 11.5
          Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

well done! i havent been in the Linganore area in years and totally forgot about it, ha!
            sigpic

Comment

Nice work! Don't mean to thread jack, but whats the rules for fishing linganore? Have to be a resident? Permit? Just curious as I work in Frederick and I've always wondered about that place.

Comment

Originally posted by HearadonCatch View Post
                Nice work! Don't mean to thread jack, but whats the rules for fishing linganore? Have to be a resident? Permit? Just curious as I work in Frederick and I've always wondered about that place.
                You must be a resident, and they've gotten pretty strict the past year or two. You need both a boat permit affixed to your boat and a Linganore photo ID issued by the HOA. You also need a parking permit on your car. They don't have water patrols but they have active patrols at the parking and launching/landing areas. They used to allow non-residents the ability to join by paying a membership fee but they stopped that in 2010. (Since the lake and all surrounding land is private and they no longer allow outside members, you don't need a MD fishing license.) The water quality is pretty bad with high e.coli levels after every rain and only a few inches of visibility on a good day but the fishing remains pretty good since there's almost no pressure.

-Mike
                Mike
                Feelfree Lure 11.5
                Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Working...
                X