7/12/09 Patuxent River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/12/09 Patuxent River

Went out on the river at rt 4 and i believe rt 480. Nice little boat launch there. I was just bottom fishing with some cut bait. Went to the rocks on the other side of the river, caught some blue gill and perch. Was going for catfish and ended up just pulling in a half a dozen blue crabs. Quiet and fun though!
    Attached Files

that sounds awesome. i love the tranquility of the water. i've actually wanted to go crabbing off the kayak, but havent decided if i want to do use traps, trot line, or even handline...
    sigpic

Comment

I think i might drop a couple crab pots off the kayak next time I go out.

Nice rig by the way.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Jonas Green Park has been pretty good for crabbing. was fishing there saw this guy in a canoe crabbing. he filled a bushel in 4 hours. that was late June. 2 guys on KI had a good idea they ty-wrapped a pool noodle to their bushel basket to float it behind as they pulled traps, they had bad luck that day only 3 crabs in 4 hours and a $50 ticket for not having a QAC ramp permit.

Comment

^where did you park? if you park under the bridge (not in the ramp lot) you shouldnt get a ticket b/c that area is a commuter lot, unless you have a trailer...
          sigpic

Comment

no this was at Goodhands ramp comes in the back side of the narrows by the yacht club. to get there turn at the burger king, go through the light at rt 18 about 1/2 mile on the left turn onto goodhands rd ends at boat ramp. sweet spot if you don't want to fight the current or try littlecreek ramp right in crab alley

Comment

Working...
            X