9th - Dave Thompson "turtle135"
    8th - Will Pezzuto
    7th - Alberto Tabian "berto"
    6th - Shane Clift "reelaxin"
    5th - Jon Snyder "Jsnyd"
    4th - Andy Gaiser
    3rd - Matt Baden
    2nd - Dave Baden
    1st - Bryan Herndon "heardoncatch" (Big Bass Winner 18.5")

The big bass prize was sponsored by Power Team Lures, a local lure company located in VA. Bryan took home a $100 gift certificate for big bass on top of his winnings.

Again we were also able to raise some more money for HOW - MD!!!

Thanks to all that showed up, fishing was tough but we all had a good time!! Hope to see everyone again June 22nd at the Upper Potomac event!!!

Thanks Matt! Another fun tourney day. Congrats to Bryan on the W!

I thought I had a pretty good pattern that I discovered during a memorial day pre-fishing trip. I spent most of the day putting a jig into the heavy weeds in the cove right around the launch. Good pattern but just a bad execution day. I hooked 7 but only landed 3 (and 1 of the 3 landed jumped off the board before I could get the picture).

At any rate even with the bass I lost I don't think I had the size fish to catch the guys at the top of the board. That's fishin!

Last edited by Turtle135; 06-02-2013, 09:42 PM.
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

I thought I kinda had something going as well, I fished the evening before with my Dad and I picked up two bass in the 14-16" range within the 1st hour on a crankbait and my Dad caught one as well after about 3 hours of fishing. So we stuck with that and it at least produced some fish. Nothing big but half the battle sometimes is catching and photo'ing 3 fish.
      event 2.jpg

Can't wait for the next event, never fished the Upper P in a yak so it will be another new experience!!

Comment

I like the upper Potomac alot, upper sesquehanna just north of Harrisburg pa is better tho. Adverage 14-17" bronze backs all day with the occasional 3-6lber. If your bass series didnt get in the way of my club tournaments I would be down to fish. Especially since I just got my pa.
        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
        -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

These are a couple of the bass I caught pre-fishing on Memorial Day:

this was the stuff I was pulling them out of:

Occoquan Reservoir is a good looking body of water. I saw some great off shore structure on my fish finder that I will revisit when the "summer patterns" really develop.
          Last edited by Turtle135; 06-02-2013, 11:40 AM.
          Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

good job guys couldnt make this one but look forward to the next one
            D Hawk
            Green Malibu X-Factor stolen dream
            Sand Malibu X-Factor The replacement

Comment

I just wanted to chime in and thank Matt for putting on a great event. It was also great to hit the water with Dave, Berto, Brian, and all of the rest of you that I have come to know through forums only.

When I got home I realized that I entered a 15.25, 11.25, and a 11 and left this one on the memory card...

He's just under 14 and if I recall wouldn't have changed anything about the standings, but still you think I'd be smart enough to enter the three biggest fish I caught. I'm going to chalk it up to delirium from a long work week, no sleep ,and temps. If that doesn't work I'll blame the kids Anyway I compare this to signing a wrong scorecard in golf. Completely my fault and I learned valuable lesson about focusing not just on the bite and the fishing, but the other important things like what is actually on your camera (I'm so freakin' dumb)!

I try to learn something every time I hit the water and before this lesson the best I could come up with was this, "If you are a cicada then the lowly bluegill is a great white shark and they will be your judge, jury, and executioner!" I threw a torpedo early in the day just to see what would happen and this was the result...

Please no one tell this brave little fish he is only 4 inches long I'm not sure he could handle it. See you all in three weeks. I've never fished river smallies before so I'll be the guy floating around with a mildly bewildered look on his face.

Andy
              Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Comment

Bryan Congrats! Thanks again Matt! And It was nice fishing with everybody. I had a good time!

I caught my two in about 10-12' of water. One with a football jig and the other with jika rig.

makbf.jpg

And this little bugger flew and smack me right in the ear and started buzzing. It scared the crap outta me. HAHA!

cicada.jpg
                Last edited by Berto; 06-03-2013, 02:13 PM.
                2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

congrats and nice job to all! how many yak Anglers attended?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stupidjet View Post
                    congrats and nice job to all! how many yak Anglers attended?

Not as many as we hoped. Only 13 compared to 33 at the 1st event, would have hoped some more of the VA natives would have attended this event, so next year we may reconsider the location.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
                      Not as many as we hoped. Only 13 compared to 33 at the 1st event, would have hoped some more of the VA natives would have attended this event, so next year we may reconsider the location.
                      To bad there were so few. It's a great looking place to fish.. AND it's right up the street from me

I think my favorite part about all this is seeing what techniques worked for everyone after it is all said and done. I was lucky I ended up where I did because I barely caught anything. The three I did get were 1) 9.75" 2)10" 3) 16.25". The biggest came off a bed I was working for about 20 minutes. I could see him there, but he wasn't having anything I threw at him. Eventually he made the mistake and I was on my way. Caught one early on a topwater toad and the other on a DT6 crankbait. I'm going back in a few weeks to work the ledges and check out what kind of summer pattern the res has as Dave mentioned. I saw some good grass or something around the 12-15' area. Hope I can make it out to the next event. I'd love to go after some smallies.
                      -Jon
                      Revo 13

Comment

http://thehobielife.blogspot.com/201...t-2-recap.html

Here is my recap I just finished up on the blog, detailing a little more of my fishing day.

Comment

Working...
                        X