Upper Potomac Smallies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Potomac Smallies

This is some guy in a cool River Pro boat I think. Anyone know who this is?

Buzz bait bass. Solid fish.

Another buzz bait bass.

Some scenery. I lost the biggest smallie of my life right here today. It crushed the buzz bait. It pulled me into fast water. I went into a panic as I spun around backwards towards some rocks and over a ledge. I cranked hard and saw the hog of a smallie. It jumped. I saw a huge head and mouth. Then it was gone.

Little guy on a tube.

Average fish on a tube.

A little bigger on a tube.

More scenery. I like fishing areas like this.

Native advertisement.

Beetle spin smallie

Beetle spin largemouth from the canal lock.

Great photos Tom! Looks like a beautiful day on the water with some quality fish.

Sorry about the "long range release", it is better to have hooked and lost than to never have hooked at all?
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice Pictures Tom! That suck about the big one. You'll get her next time!
      2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Way to go Tom, great pictures as always. how is the water clarity?

John
        John

Cuda 12
        F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

Rock gardens like the one in your pics are always a sure bet during lower flows. Seems at low flows all those exposed rocks spook off the big boats and leave the area to us paddle guys.
          Howard

16' Oldtown Camper Canoe with a side-mount 40# thrust trolling motor.

Comment

River conditions were perfect. Clear water with maybe just a little green in the deeper pools. No grass fouling my lures yet. Beautiful day and active fish. I didn't really find a pattern. The fish were hitting top, middle, and bottom lures. It was a good day to throw whatever I felt like using. Saw lots of small minnows in pockets of slow water.

Comment

Always enjoy the good pics, and nice write up. Summer upper potomac in full effect

Comment

Sounds like an awesome day complete with nice scenery and an exciting fight. I believe that I've been in/around that area a bunch but haven't fished it yet. It's very close to where I live but I'd really like to get out with a buddy since I'm relatively new to bass fishing still. Give me a shout if you plan on heading back soon.

Comment

Working...
                X