Nice Day - But no Fish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Day - But no Fish

Fished out of Oxford this morning, Bachelor's Point. Just learned a couple days ago about a small public park to launch from that puts you in 20-40 feet of water in a few minutes. In the past I have caught a lot fish in the same area from a boat, nice to find out it will be easy to get there with a kayak.

However, no fish on the FF today. I think 42 degrees is the magic water temp when the fish head out towards the bay. Even without any fish the trip was well worth it, got in some good exercise, covered a lot of ground looking for spots to fish in the spring!

Welcome to the party. Sadly, the fish moved out on all of us this week. I think you are right about that temp, or at least pretty close. I drew a complete blank on Friday. Didn't even see fish. There had been several schools in the South River in the same areas most of the fall. Gone!

PS: Please give us some information on that park.

Good Luck.

Comment

looks like most got skunked this weekend that fished close to shore. saw a post on P&S from capt. andy, he posted pixs of some nice rock they trolled up yesterday

Comment

Working...
      X