Jamaica Bay - June Trip Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaica Bay - June Trip Planning

A couple guys are planning to go up to Jamaica Bay, Brooklyn, NY, for some awesome fishing (mainly flukes, blues, weakfish, stripers). Anyone is welcome to join. Looking at 7-9 or 14-16 Jun.

Metro,
    Forgot about the M&G at Mattawoman on the 8th. What tournament is on the 9th at VB?
    I can maybe do weekend of 14th, but it's iffy for me because of my job.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Its a TKAA-POL sponsored tournament. http://tkaa.org/index.php?topic=5382.0.

I took off that weekend already from my part time job. So that weekend 7/8/9 would work best for me...kinda locked in.
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

ill be up in jbay this weekend if anyone wants to join
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Would like to join you, Grilled, but am already committed on this crowded weekend. Good luck! Don't forget your Hogy T/W....lol....

Ok, MM. If you're willing to skip M&G and TKAA, I'll plan for 7-9. The water should be warmer and I'm thinking the bite will only get better.

PT job? I thought you were up against some furlough that never really happened on your FT job.

Comment

Ok, that weekend will be it then.

Yep, I've held this part time job at College Park Airport since I was a kid (16/17)...I'm 32 now. It was my p/t all throughout college and after. I've always said "ok, I'll resign when I start making XXX at the full time". But it has grown to be such a part of me/my life. I'll am thinking of resigning next year when my boss leaves.

Comment

I am thinking about heading up there to fish on the 7th and 8th, just have to make sure I can take that Friday off.

Comment

Two jobs?!?! Think of all the fishing you can do if you had one job, MM.

Hope you can join the fun, bigfluke. Having your mojo around may help me get keeper flukes......lol.......

Comment

Need a permit for overnight stays. Cost is $20 per night, which allows two vehicles and 6 people. I plan to stay Fri and Sat nights by sleeping in the car or maybe in a tent.

Hard to tell, but it looks like we want area W40 on their cartoonist map.

Comment

Yeah, W40 area is where we camped for Jbay 2012. Made for a doable pull to the launch

Comment

new york really doesnt want you to eat there fish, lol

http://www.health.ny.gov/publications/2784.pdf
                    sigpic

Comment

All keeper flukes that bite my hook: SAMWICH.

Comment

Glad I'm not an expecting mother or under 15 yrs....can't eat a whole lot of fish. The info is so nice, we can eat 4 nourishing and low-risk meals a month.

Anyway, found out the $20 fee for the camp area, W40, covers only one vehicle and six people. It allows you to park and tent at the ground campsite. As an alternative, if we reserve an RV site instead, we're allowed two regular vehicles (to occupy the RV space) and can also use the campsite for tenting.

Since you and I are the first two guys actually saying we plan to go, MM, do you want to share an RV site? That's $40 for two nights, so we can split the costs. If not, I'll ask the next in line: bigfluke.

Comment

I reserved W39 for Friday night, so I'll see you guys up there. I am only going to be able to fish Friday and Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                            Since you and I are the first two guys actually saying we plan to go, MM, do you want to share an RV site? That's $40 for two nights, so we can split the costs. .
                            Sounds like a plan to me.

Comment

I was really hoping to bring my grill to cook up some food. But after reading the regs, it looks like charcoal grills are prohibited. I know we grilled at Jbay '12. Probably since it was 300+ ppl there, it wasn't really enforced...

Comment

Working...
                              X