X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triadelphia Walleye and Other Species 5/18/13

Small walleye caught on bottom bouncer.

Close up of the small walleye.

Small bass caught on a shallow diving crank bait.

Caught 4 or 5 of these on the bottom bouncer.

Caught about 6 of these jokers on the bottom bouncer.

Micro white perch as big as the lure.
    Last edited by DanMarino; 05-18-2013, 04:53 PM.

Nice variety, still meaning to try Triadelphia sometime. Was everything caught on the broken back fire-tiger?
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Cool!
      2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Love the pics! I didn't realize there was walleye in Triadelphia. I guess I should listen to my friend and go there.
          Laura (aka zeebyrd)
          Perception Pescador Pro 100

Comment

Lures

The bass and one crappie came from a Mann's baby -1 crank. Everything else on the lure in the last photo.

Comment

About Time

I'll add that it's about time I caught a walleye on the bottom bouncer. I've been trying for a year using that method. It fought pretty good for the size. That thing had some cool teeth. Hopefully I'll hook into it's mother next time. I caught the Walleye at around 7:45AM on a very cloudy morning. The walleye was about half way down one of the reservoirs branch arms I guess looking for food.

The water conditions were great. Water temperature was 66 degrees. I was on the lower third of the reservoir and the main lake has great water clarity with a nice green stain. The branch arms were also pretty clear with only some stain at the very tips where creeks dump in.

Comment

Have you ever tried Crayfish on a three way swivel starting where the Patuxent dumps into Tridelphia following the channel into the main lake.

Comment

Nice job! You should give those jointed deep husky jerks a try for trolling the WSSC. There is a size 12 one and I have caught some 16-18 inch bass on it and has rattles in it for added attraction. It seems like jointed lures work a little better in these reservoirs because they create more vibration.
                  Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
                  Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
                  Northern Pike: 24 inches
                  Crappie: 12 inches
                  Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

Good job, you always post great pics.
                    John

Cuda 12
                    F&S Eagle Talon 12

Comment

I know some good crappie spots I used to pull dozens of crappie with live minnows, I want to go back and try My new Mr crappie plastics see if I can get the same size and numbers as well as catching a Walleye if I ever get to catch one. Thanks for the report and pics.

Comment

Working...
                      X