Another day, another trout slaying - Cunningham Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another day, another trout slaying - Cunningham Falls

Was able to get out today again for about 6 hrs or so. Ended with 6 trout. Biggest being 15". Marked some BIG fish on the ff but couldn't get them to commit. Gonna start using super light line in attempts of pulling out a citation trout soon. Found fish in depths from 30' - 48 ' today.
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by mjonez23; 05-15-2013, 10:58 PM.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Some nice looking fish. Do you need a special permit to put your boat on the lake there like with Loch Raven or Prettyboy? Were you trolling, fly fishing, spin casting?
    New to kayak fishing
    Wilderness Ride 115

Comment

Mo special permit required, just a $3 launch fee. Caught them all on night crawlers anchored up.
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Nice job! Good looking trout.

Very interesting that those trout are hanging out so deep. At those surface water temperatures I would have thought they might be found at just about any depth.

I think you mentioned you continued to catch them during the summer? I would expect that lake to stratify and the lack of dissolved oxygen would force them out of those deep locations.
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Man you're on fire! I might have to get my trout stamp and some of those very hi tech nightcrawler and try my hand. lol! Nice Job!
          Last edited by Berto; 05-16-2013, 03:53 PM.
          2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Def worth a go for anybody! Easiest fishing you will do haha
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Nice, man... I've caught a lot of rainbow trout lately, but never from a kayak. Glad to see you on the MKF leaderboard

Why do you think super light line will land you a bigger fish? Are they line shy?
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
                Nice, man... I've caught a lot of rainbow trout lately, but never from a kayak. Glad to see you on the MKF leaderboard

Why do you think super light line will land you a bigger fish? Are they line shy?
                From my experience with fishing the streams and such I believe so. Might just be me over thinking everything. Also I like add more to the challenge haha light line = more working the fishing up and really having to "fight" it properly without snapping the line.
                Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Working...
                X