Chsp 5/10 first tog on a yak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chsp 5/10 first tog on a yak

a little late that tog season is closed there now. but I have to show off my first Tog on a yak.

It was a great day, dson05 took me out to show me how it's done. It was a GREAT day! no waves, a little wind, nice sun. Couldn't have asked for more. Went to the inner wall, but it was crowded on the closer side, so I went to the bay side of it. nothing out there, and lost my anchor. After hearing metro man and those guys cheering, I decided to head over and fish the spot dson05 always goes to. Hooked up on a tog not to long after and amazingly it was a keeper. First keeper on a yak! HELL YEAH! took me all day after that, but caught ended up catching my limit! I'm addicted to tog fishing now. Thanks dson05 for taking me out.

except for the fileting part... total PIA!

photo.jpg

Congrats on the limit!!
    <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Nice! Congrats... many more tog in your future I'm sure.

There are many "how to fillet tog" videos on YouTube... several different techniques. I haven't found the right one yet
      Mike S.
      Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
      3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Good job, man. The tog addiction has begun.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Kuljc,

Nice meeting you out there and cool fishing with you guys. When you caught that first tog you were excited like a kid on Christmas and not to mention as you was reeling him in I was cheering you on. That was my second time toggin on a yak and it is truly addicting. Lets stay in contact for more fishing this summer and definately when the tog season is back open.

Comment

WTG man!! It was nice meeting you out there. Glad you got on that first keeper! I heard that celebration and knew it was a nice one! LOL

Comment

Good job jay. Thanks for sharing.
              Sun Fishin'

Comment

Seeing the excitement was worth it. Good meeting some of you guys out there.
                The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Congrats on the togs.

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

Working...
                  X