Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP Thurs 5-9-13

CHSP, Thurs

Was on the water 0830 hrs. Mostly sunny with about 10 mph winds. Fairly nice day.

Using blue crab, I caught a 14" tog within five minutes of fishing at the Inner Wall. I then moved on.

I also went to the Outer Wall later in the morning. Nothing. One boater caught one keeper tog there. Another boater was catching what looked like small blues. The water became rough and the clouds darkened so I left after only about an hour there.

Went back to the Inner Wall, but the tog bite was not there.

I jigged for flounder for a little while too. Nothing. One fellow fishing off the pier told me nobody caught flounder, but he caught a horseshoe crab. Turned out the short 14" tog caught earlier was my only catch of the day.
    Attached Files
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

What?!?! Five days and still no acknowledgement?!?! I drive out there, fish the area for hours and report to you all...with pics.....to give you useful info that says this area is not always productive.....and I don't even get a "Thanks for the report."

Comment

LOL!!! I didn't even see your thread Tufnik! I was getting geared up to go the next day! Why did you leave the inner wall so quickly with the first hookup coming so quickly?

Comment

Thanks for the report BRUH

Comment

I didnt see the thread either! I always appreciate the reports and the time you put in
          <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Alright! Now we're talkin'.......I guess I'll continue to report to all us fine anglers who appreciate up-to-date, unbiased, breaking and informative fishing news.....ha...

Hey, MYTM, would you believe this? I arrogantly thought I could catch more later at the same spot and decided to explore other spots for possible bigger togs and new honeyholes....lol...

Comment

Ahhhh gotcha!! I'm usually the other way around. I'll see an area that I want to try new but stop off in a place I know as being productive and get stuck there! LOL

Comment

What's the old saying... don't leave fish to find fish?! I think boats can get away with it because they cover more water. For us kayakers, it usually pays off to hunker down and work a hole hard vs hunting. But who knows, if you're where I think you were then that spot is probably close to fished out for the spring season!

Next trip up there, flounder?
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I'm down!!! LOL We saw a lot of boats fishing the canal, didn't seem like anyone had luck out of CHSP that I saw(Flounder).

Comment

Yeah, I'm waiting until the flounder bites are in number in Lewes, or OC. I did hear some are being off the CHSP pier.

That's one of my concerns. "The spot" is being fished out of togs. Everybody's grandmother is going to fish there, especially with tog fever spreading. I left that spot to find new spots. That's ok, it's now flounder time.

Comment

Working...
                    X