Cunningham Falls Trout Round 2!! 5-10-13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cunningham Falls Trout Round 2!! 5-10-13

Well after yesterdays awesome morning trout fishing I decided to head out again this morning. Wasn't disappointed! Overall on the day I ended up with 13 trout, all of which were between 11 - 12 inches. Also hooked into some big sunnys. Biggest was a 10.5 in sunny. Waiting on response from DNR to see the exact species. Depending on the species, I could have my first citation fish from the kayak!
    Attached Files
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

nice sunny!!!

Comment

that looks like a bluegill (and not a redear), does that make it a "C"?
      Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
        that looks like a bluegill (and not a redear), does that make it a "C"?
        Not sure, I think the bluegill size is 11 inches. This will be 2 years in a row I have fallen a half inch short of a citation fish haha Last year fell just short on a rainbow trout.
        Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Nice, I think that is a regular old bluegill, but a very nice one at that. I caught a bunch of redbreast sunfish this morning, wish I had taken pictures, they are beautiful fish. Didn't realize the citation size for them is only 8 inches, I think I caught a few over 7"
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
            Nice, I think that is a regular old bluegill, but a very nice one at that. I caught a bunch of redbreast sunfish this morning, wish I had taken pictures, they are beautiful fish. Didn't realize the citation size for them is only 8 inches, I think I caught a few over 7"
            Yea I had one clue what the citation sizes for Sunnys and bluegills were until I got home from fishing today. They aren't my favorite fish to catch but when you hook into a big one...hold on!! Haha
            Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Nice going bro! What have you been catching trout on? I've never fished for trout from a kayak. Do you fish it differently than from shore?
              -Mustafa
              ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2012 Hobie Revolution 13
              "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                Nice going bro! What have you been catching trout on? I've never fished for trout from a kayak. Do you fish it differently than from shore?
                Just been using night crawlers, put a 1/4 oz splitshot about 16 inches or so above the hook. Anchor up in a deep channel. Just dropping the line till it hits bottoms then giving it a few reels up so that the bait suspends about a foot or so off the bottom. Pretty simple set up, and very effective.
                Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Originally posted by mjonez23 View Post
                  Yea I had one clue what the citation sizes for Sunnys and bluegills were until I got home from fishing today. They aren't my favorite fish to catch but when you hook into a big one...hold on!! Haha
                  Well whatever type of sunfish it turns out to be don't forget to post it on this board (All Time MKF Leaderboard) as I think it will eclipse the current record:

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...sh-Leaderboard
                  Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
                    Well whatever type of sunfish it turns out to be don't forget to post it on this board (All Time MKF Leaderboard) as I think it will eclipse the current record:

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...sh-Leaderboard
                    Done deal! Forgot about that thread haha Thanks to all for this awesome website! Great place to share good stories with everybody!
                    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

lmb1.jpg
                      Originally posted by mjonez23 View Post
                      Done deal! Forgot about that thread haha Thanks to all for this awesome website! Great place to share good stories with everybody!
                      mjonez23 - I am located in Mt Airy in Frederick County I like Cunningham Falls but have never fished it from my kayak...if you are ever looking for a partner to fish with PM me...I kayak fish Black Hills in Montgomery County quite often...maybe i can return the favor sometime...attached is a pic from this past weekend (from my employers john boat). Black Hills is a trophy-esque impoundment if you ever get the chance to fish it.
                      Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Originally posted by wfauby View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]6817[/ATTACH]

mjonez23 - I am located in Mt Airy in Frederick County I like Cunningham Falls but have never fished it from my kayak...if you are ever looking for a partner to fish with PM me...I kayak fish Black Hills in Montgomery County quite often...maybe i can return the favor sometime...attached is a pic from this past weekend (from my employers john boat). Black Hills is a trophy-esque impoundment if you ever get the chance to fish it.
                        Sounds great to me, I'm mostly only able to fish during weekdays so just let me know when your able to and we will figure something out.
                        Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

mjonez - I will be fishing after work this Friday...say 3 to dark...I will be fishing Black Hills, unless you r available and wanna give Cunningham Falls a shot...I could go for some trout. I work from 5 am to 2 pm weekdays. Regards Wayne
                          Jackson - BIG TUNA

Comment

Working...
                          X