Anyone Tog fishing this Sat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Tog fishing this Sat?

Since the tautog season ends next week I am hoping to get out to CHSP. I will be in the area but am not 100% sure that I can go but was wondering if anyone had the same idea.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

ill probably be out there sunday
    Hobie Revolution 13
    Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Maybe Sat, but I hear bulls and flatties calling me to VB on Sat.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

If I go I will post a report if you do go to VB good luck on the flatties

Comment

Actually since I am relatively young and inexperienced with the area (just fishing at the walls) I think it would be best not to head out by myself so unless someone else is going I will tag along but without a radio and by myself at this point I think it would be safest not to go. However I might fish the IR inlet or Delaware bay instead if no one else is going.

Comment

Do you feel comfortable going out 3-4 miles and in relatively rough water (maybe 2-3 ft chops, 15 mph winds) with someone?

Comment

In your opinion is paddling 3-4 miles hard? I have never calculated how far I ever paddle but it is not that I feel unsafe in rough water but thought of being caught in a freak current without support would really suck.

If the winds are forecasted at 15 mph I might not head out because without a hobie it seems like fishing a hole would be hard without drifting all over the place.

Comment

I think you made a good and safe decision in not going out there alone.

If I go to CHSP, I most likely will go to the Outer Wall. I do not recommend newbies go to the Outer Wall because of wx unpredictability and I have no idea how newbies can handle open water.

A Hobie will not necessarily give you a big advantage. A skillful paddler on a regular yak can fish in not-so-good conditions.

Comment

Glad you worked it out, Minh. I just may see you out there.

Comment

Calling for a good east wind Saturday will make positioning tougher than normal.
                    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I'm reading 10-15 mph, ENE. The south side of the Inner Wall and the west side of the Outer Wall should be doable.

Comment

Working...
                      X