Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redfish, ComeOnfish and the Binge Fishing Crew, Pinch and Slap - CHSP on Apr 27, 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redfish, ComeOnfish and the Binge Fishing Crew, Pinch and Slap - CHSP on Apr 27, 2013

The same 10% of the anglers catch 90% of the tog. It was nice to fish with Redfish and the binge-fishing crew.
    I brought spear fishing gear. But I couldn't even try it because of heavily stained water. I will have one more chance next weekend
    Everyone did well but me. Each caught 15-20. I caught 9-10.
    Here is my fishing log:
    Last edited by ComeOnFish; 04-30-2013, 06:44 AM.
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Nice video Joe. Heading down to my condo in OC this weekend. CHSP is about 30 minutes from here. Any pointers from the kayak? I have fished from shore before but never on the yak.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

great article about tog fishing at cape henlopen can be found here Interstate Kayak fishing

there are also some tog videos up.
      Last edited by Pinch; 04-29-2013, 11:13 PM. Reason: I felt like it
      Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Fun day out there! I lost that big fish in the rocks unfortunately!

I took a hint from our resident fish roasting poppa and decided to try eating the head. It was hard to cut, he must have one of those knives from the infomercials that can cut through pipes, tomatoes, and everything else! I put mine on the grill face down and covered in some Japanese BBQ sauce. It was delicious but no one else at the fish fry was very interested in eating it...

Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Nice catches! The head has quite a bit of good meat, especially the cheeks. Mike, if I was there, I would have enjoyed it with you.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

The best way to deal with eating the head for first timers is to deep fry the whole thing. You don't have to descale the head because there's none. The skin will be crispy and tasty.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
              The best way to deal with eating the head for first timers is to deep fry the whole thing. You don't have to descale the head because there's none. The skin will be crispy and tasty.
              +1 That's what my wife did when I caught big togs (> 20"). Did not split the head. Just cut the large head off the body and deep fry. Tasty!
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by Pinch View Post
                great article about tog fishing at cape henlopen can be found here Interstate Kayak fishing

there are also some tog videos up.
                Nice write-up on the Blog Jack!
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Southerly

i've always been interested in trying the cheeks of fish, but am confused about dealing with the heads in general - is there any attempt to remove scales prior to cooking? or is the skin etc peeled from meat after cooking?? is it required to saw head in 1/2???
                  Cod tongue is considered a delicacy in St Johns, Newfoundland. Restaurants sell out quickly when it is on the menu. But it is not really tongue meat. Instead it is the oblong shaped meat from the cod's cheeks. I had it once and enjoyed it. I suspect they remove the meat from the skull before cooking it.

I also ate a local delicacy at one restaurant in Crystal Beach, TX -- snapper throats. These were big chunks of the fishes' throats, cooked with some the fins intact. I enjoyed that too.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                  X