7/4/09 Bay Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/4/09 Bay Bridge

Well I left Hemingways about 7am went to the bridge to find some spot. I didn't have any luck so I decided to cut up some frozen alewife that I had. When I was at the fishing spot to anchor and fish, I noticed my hook was stuck on a bungee in the back. I turned around to unhook it and "SPLASH" over I went. I had a few loose things that I pulled right out, by the time I turned around I was 20 feet from my boat. The tide was moving and my boat was anchored. Someone saw me and gave me a lift back to my boat with my bait bucket and hat. Once back at the boat I surveyed damages. Fish Finder that worked this time check, gps check, ultra light check, baitcaster check, and the ahh.... I lost my alewife(1.98 on sale) and my new rod. This wasn't any rod, it was a Shimano Trivale with a Avet LX reel on it. I'm so mad for not straping it in my leash properly. You live, you learn. Oh, and no fish either.

holy crap! that REALLY sucks. at least youre ok and someone gave you a lift back. i bet you never forget to leash your rods again. if you had another rod, you could have tried and snagged the line.
    sigpic

Comment

dang that sucks man...expensive set up! Somebody will have treat when they snag that thing.
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Hopefully it is someone deserving.

Comment

Working...
        X