First trip of the year !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First trip of the year !

Fished a few hours yesterday morning at Algonkian Park . The handful of times Iv'e fished there, it's been tough , but have always caught at least one decent fish. I'm no expert , but there's very little habitat. It's like fishing a dessert. One good thing about it, it's a minute away when you don't have a lot of time . Caught a couple fish on a Fat Albert 3'' grub. Also used a 5'' Super Fluke. Water was a little stained and current wasn't too bad until the wind picked up late morning in the same direction , and started drifting me a lot faster then I wanted . I will have some kind of anchor next time and a tape measure. Had my GoPro on most of the time except when I caught the two fish . Till next trip.

Tight lines !!

Last edited by Jig Monster; 04-30-2013, 05:33 AM.
    John

Wilderness Tarpon

Potomac smallies are my favorite! I catch many fish on those fat albert curly tail grubs.

Comment

I was up in that area on Saturday night. The catfish were voracious.
      I agree the fishing was tough. I got two of these cats. They were about identical in size.
      The bass was the only one I got. I paddled from Rileys Lock upriver to the island. Wind was blowing pretty good on float back downstream and I actually had to paddle to get back.
      CameraZOOM-20130427170416468_zpse87785e1.jpg
      CameraZOOM-20130427192353593_zps6f683c40.jpg
      Hurricane Skimmer 128
      WS Pamlico 100

Comment

Working...
      X