4/27 CHSP Tog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/27 CHSP Tog

Slow start to the day. Not much action. I noticed bands of murky water in the water. When I arrived. They murky water was sitting around the inner wall. Then As that drifted away action picked up a decent amount. Caught another 10 on the day. Sizes were a bit smaller.

6- 9-11"

2- 13"

1 - 15.5"

1 - 17"

A friend of mine caught and measured a 21" but it slipped out of the kayak when trying to put it on the stringer. He caught about 7 small ones and 1 15.5" as well. First time on the Yak. Not a bad trip for him.
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Wow, nice action. Bet that was fun. WTG on the two keepers.

Oh, that happened to me last year at CBBT.....one of my togs slipped out of the bag as I was putting it away...lol.....

Did you use blue crab? Shrimp?
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Awesome! Plan on heading out next week going to stay in my condo up in OC. Do you think that you will fish CHSP again next week?
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

most likely. I will be there friday this week. And maybe MOnday and friday the week after as well. Trying to get my tog fix before end of season.
        The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Nice catching. I'm hoping to give it abother try on the last day of the season, but might have to wait until next opening
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

That's some good action indeed. Too bad about your friend's 21"er... must have been a good fight.
            Mike S.
            Hobie Outback
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
            3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Nice going!!! I really like CHSP. I just wish they didn't charge $8 at the gate!!! BOOOO!!! LOL

Comment

Rock on, man! If I was your friend, I might have jumped in after the 21 incher.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
                  Rock on, man! If I was your friend, I might have jumped in after the 21 incher.
                  I might no have been to happy about that. It was his first time on the yak. I didn't want to give him some on the spot training for re entry. Haha.

Yeah. $8 at the gate is pretty steep. Its $8 even midweek. I guess it's a donation to help save the beaches that are all being swept away slowly.

Comment

Working...
                  X