Flatstick prototypes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flatstick prototypes

I like the action so much on the D Bait lures I made I wanted to make some more of different sizes.

My boss was telling me how he went tarpon fishing and the hook hanger on the plastic lure pulled loose. So I set to make some prototypes to ship to him for testing. The are similar the the Storm Flatstick but with a bigger blade for more wobble. 8." and a whopping 3.5 oz!!

Here is the one piece proto with the made up screw eyes to be epoxied in. I tested this on for float and it sits just a hair back with the back just on the surface.

and the once piece with the weights for the belly shown.

He said he wants the trough wire, to be safe. I made this up from two sheets and added a rattle. The BB can hit the wire which make the sound more interesting. I could not flaot this one yet, but assume it would act the same as the once piece.
    "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Nice Rob! I'll be happy to test them out on the bay for ya!!

Comment

Let me make a couple more and I'll get something to you. I was so real to test my D Baits at the Flats, now if there would have only had rockfish there, while I was there.
      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

That looks awesome, can't wait to see it all painted up
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
        X