Dipping the Kay for the first time Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dipping the Kay for the first time Sunday

Hello everyone. My buddy and I are going up to the Susky Flats or up a little north Sunday to go kayak fishing. This will be my first time getting my kay wet EVER in the whole year that I have had it. Does anyone have an suggestions?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Yes, avoid the flats nothing but skunk after skunk

Comment

Just have fun and enjoy.
      Ed
      Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Hey everyone.......thanks to who reponded. Launched the yak by the trin bridge in Hdg and went up to Garrett island a nd didnt catch a thing and back over to the eastern side and still nothing. Yesterday went to Mariner State Park to try and slim the yak and still no luck. Im going back to the flats tomorrow morning early to try it again.

If someone could please point me to a spot or right direction. Im usually wadding in the river above Lapidum and new to 'big' water/river fishing

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just tried to upload pictures from my cell phone and cant. I will when I get homw

Thanks a million,,
        Jeff

Comment

Hey Jeff, congrats on getting the yak wet. Sounds like you are in the northern portion of the state. So far, not much has turned on yet locally...especially the flats. A few of us in Harford and Baltimore County meet at park and rides convoying to different areas recommended on the forum. Yesterday, we went to Mattawoman for snakehead.

Our next trip we be a local one until the fish really turn on...Bush river in Edgewood comes to mind. Anyway, you are welcome to join anytime...if not, maybe I will see you at a Meet and Greet, they are highly recommended!
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Thanks Sparky, I actually live in Harford Co. I went back to the ole susky this past saturday (5-4-13) went over to the western side and then fished western side of Garrett.....still nothing my buddy caught a dink about 11in. Ran into a bass boat guy who said he did very well on the flats on the edge of the grass. He said the river won't be on for another 2-3 weeks. There were a lot of people fishing from boats around us and didnt see one person reel one in.

Would love to possibly meet up. Are you around Harford Co, and were abouts you usually go? I was thinking about launching from Tydings park and trying out the eastern shore of flats.

Comment

Sure thing, I live in Harford County....Fountain Glen Development. Just got back from Bush river with no luck, not even a catfish. This was my first time actually fishing the river. I was the only person on the water, but it looks promising in a few weeks.

This is my first year with a kayak and a forum. So far, I've been to Mattawoman, Susky Flats, Centennial Lake, Woodrow Wilson Bridge and the quarry at Mariner Point. Woodrow Wilson has been my favorite since it produced the most fish (for now).

I am trying to make all the meet and greets and fish all over the state. Some local areas that are on my wish list is Broad Creek, Swan Creek, and some more quality time on the Flats, Mariner Point, and Bush river.

I try to get out once a week and just keep an eye on where the herd is fishing.
              2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
              2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Working...
              X