I have something new going on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have something new going on

I talked to Chexone back at our YP meet and greet who gave me some good advice on starting my own site...has nothing to do with fishing.
    It's a site devoted to technical trading of stocks. I've been rather successful so I'm looking to share with others...as well as to hopefully turn it into something bigger.
    The site is officially 2 months old right now and I'll hit my first 10,000 visits in a few days which is pretty exciting.
    I was a little hesitant because it'd cut into my fishing time, which as it turns out was a good year for it since the fishing hasn't been stellar.

I've gotten a few perks, like free books from my favorite author as well as discounts for my readers. That part is pretty fun.
    Thanks Chexone for giving me the confidence to go off and try this. My wife is angry because I've spent so much time working on it, but hey, I made $20 bucks this month on ad clicks so that's worth it, right?

If you guys are interested in investment strategies from the technical trader's point of view, it'd be cool to see you at Stockineer.com I even use fishing analogies to compare it to trading, as well as football analogies. Hell, I've even used the underside of a crab (you know the part) to illustrate what certain patterns look like.

Hopefully I've been around these boards long enough that no one thinks I'm spamming them

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
    Kokatat Pro Staff
    Torqeedo Pro Staff
    Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
    Alan

Alan ....... you're my hero .......... GREAT website ....... just added it to my favorites.........

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
      Alan ....... you're my hero .......... GREAT website ....... just added it to my favorites.........
      Thanks Rick!

Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Several of those 10,000 visits are from me... some good stuff on there! A lot of it goes over my head, but a lot of it is useful and interesting. Glad it's working out, and thanks for the stock tips!
        Mike S.
        Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
        3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Originally posted by chexone View Post
          Several of those 10,000 visits are from me... some good stuff on there! A lot of it goes over my head, but a lot of it is useful and interesting. Glad it's working out, and thanks for the stock tips!
          Cool man! There's some intricate stuff on there that will take some time for people to learn for sure, but we're trying to change that with a little instruction :-)

Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Great site Alan! I played around years ago after watching the Fox Business News. Just threw in a few buck here and there...I did not do very well, LOL. Now I leave it up to the fund managers. Having a business in the worst economy ever is a gamble enough for me.

Man, I thought I would see at least ONE rockfish on the site??
            2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
            2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
              Great site Alan! I played around years ago after watching the Fox Business News. Just threw in a few buck here and there...I did not do very well, LOL. Now I leave it up to the fund managers. Having a business in the worst economy ever is a gamble enough for me.

Man, I thought I would see at least ONE rockfish on the site??
              I was hoping to post a 40 pounder from the flats this year, but it hasn't happened yet...maybe tomorrow! Launching around 6 or so if you're interested...out of tydings.

Kokatat Pro Staff
              Torqeedo Pro Staff
              Humminbird Pro Staff

Alan

Comment

Working...
              X