Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chsp 4/18/13

Sorry for the late report...I was out of town all weekend

NUmerous shorts caught on shrimp. We also had green crab & blue crab (which was never used).

Me, myt, foursteps24, pinch, redfish.

I think everyone got keepers except me. My biggest was 14.5"

<insert witty comment here>

Nice... glad you got some TOG!

Did you not use the crabs because the shrimp were working great?
    Mike S.
    Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Pretty much. It was easier to work with the shrimp as well. I didnt prepare the blue crab prior to launching either, so I just left them alone in the bag.

Comment

"....yeaaaahhhhh, there it is.....lol..." Sounds like you guys had too much fun.

Hey, did you get a new SUV? I thought you had a flat-tire-prone sedan. Also, how are you liking the BC? I think you were a spinner guy before. Anyway, thanks for the report.

Hope your froze the crabs. They can still catch togs.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Tuf, Having fun is always our #1 priority when we go out. We always have a good time, regardless of the fishing. Our wives think we're idiots though. I got the jeep in December to replace my flat-tire mobile. I needed something bigger to better carry gear (especially when we carpool), and I needed something to better/more safely accomodate my daughter.

I like the bait casters a lot! I actually cast my Revo SX when I need to. The transition wasn't as dramatic as I thought. I actually like the BCs better for jigging and bottom fishing now. I still have my spinners for casting light weight lures, and I use spinners for my surf gear. I might be picking up a Daiwa Lexa next.

We did keep the crabs for future use. I paid like $4.50 for 6 female crabs at the International market I go to (sold by the lb)

Comment

I haven't touched my spinners since I started using BCs about two years ago

My last spinner purchased (2 yrs ago) was a Penn Conquer, and it's still not spooled...lol...
            2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
            2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Originally posted by MetroMan View Post
              I like the bait casters a lot! I actually cast my Revo SX when I need to. The transition wasn't as dramatic as I thought. I actually like the BCs better for jigging and bottom fishing now. I still have my spinners for casting light weight lures, and I use spinners for my surf gear. I might be picking up a Daiwa Lexa next.
              Yeah!!! I agree... easier to stay on the bottom with one hand rather than having to cock the bail and drop... plus you can more easily control the drop with your thumb on a BC.
              Mike S.
              Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
              3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

Working...
              X