Broadkill River/Oyster Rock Road

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broadkill River/Oyster Rock Road

Pretty soon, I will be launching at Oyster Rock Road and Fishing for Flounder. Last year I hit Lewes Canal Pretty hard from the marina to the RI, but looking to expand to the Broadkill. Does anyone have any advice for fishing this section? comments, suggestions... anything??
    2012 Hobie mirage outfitter (RED)

I fished RI and CHSP for flounder a lot last year. I hope to do it again this year. Never fished Broadkill. So, am curious to see how you do there. Are you planning to fish off Broadkill beach or behind the beach in the waterways, tributaries, etc.? I've fished as far as a mile north of RI and caught dogfish and specks.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

I saw an Osprey with a flounder yesterday at CHSP, so they may be moving in already.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Originally posted by Shady View Post
        I saw an Osprey with a flounder yesterday at CHSP, so they may be moving in already.
        Yeah, but was the flattie a keeper?

Curious......I wonder, how does an Osprey catch flounder? I mean to even spot a well camouflaged fish is remarkable.

Comment

It was a keeper for the Osprey! I will probably be looking to fish above RI in the Broadkill River and then venture out to RI.

Comment

Yak, I fish Oyster Rocks all the time in summer from my kayak. Very easy to launch and either way you go from the launch there are creeks that go way up from the main river that big boats can't get to. I'm not much of a fish eater so I don't care about keeper size, but catch lots of stripers and flounders there. Haven't been in their this year as I focus on bass in the spring, but will be often soon.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
              Yeah, but was the flattie a keeper?

Curious......I wonder, how does an Osprey catch flounder? I mean to even spot a well camouflaged fish is remarkable.
              LOL it was about 10" maybe. I have no idea how he got it, but was definitely a flounder and appeared to be still kicking. I tried to get a picture, but he was gone by the time I decided to try.
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Hey, Delaware
                Haven't heard from you in a while. Not sure you remember me. You're the one that convinced me flounder can be caught on white plastic twister tails maybe a year and a half ago at RI. Anyway, good to know about that Broadkill river area. I've been doing RI and the east side channel mostly and the yield has been "just OK." I'm thinking the river might be more productive. Also, have you fished the walls at CHSP?

Comment

That is great to hear! what kind of fish do you catch up the creeks? Im mostly going for Flounder and i know they like to hang out around the creek mouths, but wasnt sure if you catch any up the creek at all?

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                    I fished RI and CHSP for flounder a lot last year. I hope to do it again this year. Never fished Broadkill. So, am curious to see how you do there. Are you planning to fish off Broadkill beach or behind the beach in the waterways, tributaries, etc.? I've fished as far as a mile north of RI and caught dogfish and specks.
                    +1
                    I wanna go too!
                    GB

Comment

I sold my kayak in the fall, and hoping to get a new one asap. Until then I may have to try the Pier out this weekend. I heard the flounder are starting to come around. Time to get some Gulp!

Comment

Hey Tuf, of course I remember ya! Sorry about not being here in a while, I fish constantly, just not always out of yak. When it's still cold I prefer my Ranger bass boat...lol. Everything seems to come up in the river near oyster rocks at times. I was targeting stripers with a fly Rod mainly last year up there. However, I also caught flounder, puppy red drum and tons of white perch up in the creeks. I still have the Largemouth bug right now but when the spawn is over Ill be back, and often!

Comment

Working...
                        X