4/13 Afternoon Tog Bites CHSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4/13 Afternoon Tog Bites CHSP

We got there a little past 1:30 pm. Tide was slowing down and dropping to Low at about 4. Saw Delaware Paddlesports out there. Not sure if they are on this forum but they had 3-4 kayaks in that group. They reported to us that it was rough and bites were slow and almost non existent. Paddled out to the wall regardless do to having driven 3 hours. It was slow until the slick tide, but as the water turned and current picked up I started getting hits. I lost 3 cause my leader snapped. 2 had good pulls with my rod tip dipping into the water. 1 wasn't as strong. Regardless I managed to at least get one in the boat. All in all should have had my limit, but made out better than most people so still happy none the less. My first tog on my yak and first tog of the year. It was definitely a thrill. Bites were on Blue Crab and Shrimp.

Tog.jpg
    18.5"
    The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

WTG! You're the first one I know that caught togs there on a yak this year. Good to know the bites are there. Not sure when I'll go there, but it should be soon since the season closes in a couple weeks. Thanks for the report.

Are you using at least 50# mono leader? I use about 3-4 ft of that.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Yeah I used 50# mono, but to be honest I think its because i didn't switch to a new leader after I got hung up really bad. My mistake for being lazy.
      The best time spent is time that doesn't feel like it was spent at all. When it's worth it you'll give everything to do it all over again no matter what the cost.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was like that before. Now I check the line often, even my main line. Even during the course of fishing less than an hour around structure/rocks, I find line abrasion. I have about a dozen rigs already tied so I can make quick changes. I also prefer mono on the main because it's more abrasion resistant than braid.

We should hear reports from guys Kipto and CBBT soon. I think some guys are there today.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

ok. Sounds good. Yeah I had extra rigs made and ready too. I was just too lazy. Haha.

Comment

Congrats on the keeper!
            <insert witty comment here>

Comment

dson05,
              Thanks for the report.

I was debating between CBBT and CHSP on the last Friday. Mustafa and I went to CBBT, because CBBT area came with few backup places.

What was the water clarity? Were you fishing the first jetty or the second?

Thanks,
              Joe
              Fish like there's no tomorrow.
              Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Originally posted by ComeOnFish View Post
                dson05,
                Thanks for the report.

I was debating between CBBT and CHSP on the last Friday. Mustafa and I went to CBBT, because CBBT area came with few backup places.

What was the water clarity? Were you fishing the first jetty or the second?

Thanks,
                Joe
                I fished the inner wall. I was out there again today. Read my next post.

Comment

Working...
                X