X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackened Black Sea Bass

Full write up HERE
    <insert witty comment here>

"...guaranteed p____ d_____...." .......lol.....what if she's not crazy about fish? Anyway, I'm out of sea bass. So, maybe will try it on some tog.

Sure looks good. Thanks for posting.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

LOL!!!

Im sure it will be fantastic with your tog! I know you prefer to savor the flavor of the fish itself, so I guess you could cut back on the seasoning coating to adjust.

Comment

I went on a Deep Drop trip on Saturday, so I have fresh sea bass and blueline tilefish.

Since Metro didn't have proportions for all those wonderful spices, my wife searched the internet to get some idea. She mixed the spices up and followed Metro's cooking process. She then served it to my grown-up son and myself for dinner today. (We're the only two real fish eaters in the family)

Wow, this recipe (both fishes) is goooooooooood. My son immediately liked it. I think we have a winner here. Thanks for posting, Big L.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looks delicious!!!

Comment

MM,
            I think you can't go wrong with your blackened fish recipe. Tried it with flounder the other day and croaker today. Both were delicious.

Southerly,
            I think you're right about Prudhomme popularizing blackened fish. Wonder what the tomato paste does to the taste. May have to get that magic seasoning and give it a try.

Comment

I wanted to buy that chef's redfish seasoning for this recipe, but my wife needed me to get home ASAP. So while in traffic, I did some google searching and realized I had everything I needed at home.

Southerly, I like that variation/recipe you posted. I'll have to try that. The last time I made a steak, I used clarified butter. Here is a shameless plug: http://flyfisheat.tumblr.com/post/40...etary-of-steak

lol

Comment

Do it with steak too?!?! I'll have to try....and maybe end up "slappin' yo mama"......lol......

Comment

Working...
                X