Nanticoke River 4/9-4/10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nanticoke River 4/9-4/10

I fished the out going tide the past two mornings with mixed results. Yesterday I fished an entire tide cycle with no bites, which was very frustrating due to a friends report of of bailing them the night before. The wind never laid down monday night and the water was pretty dirty. So this morning I decided to give it another go this morning, the water was calm and clean. I trolled out to the flat I was going to fish with a x rap and a storm but had no takers. I got to the flat as the tide started to creep out and I hooked up in the first 15 minutes landed a nice striper on a storm lure. I hooked up again about 20 minutes later with a good size striper on the same lure. I fished for two more hours and my trip was cut short, when iPhone went in drink, trying to take a picture of the biggest fish I caught for the day. My whole trip I was planning some new fishing purchases but $200 for a new phone put these thoughts on hold for now. I ended the morning much better than yesterday, 5 fish and a new personal best for the kayak.
    Last edited by DEkayakstriper; 04-14-2013, 10:37 AM.

Epic.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

It is hard to top a day of fishing like that. Sorry about the cell phone.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Losing an iPhone would stink. So where are the photos????

Comment

Did you keep any?
          Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

What a day!!! Who cares about the iPhone!!!??? You slayed them!!! LOL, jk.

Comment

Nanticoke River is a catch and release only fishery in DE, April 1-June 1.

Comment

Nice!!!!
                <insert witty comment here>

Comment

Awesome day with quality stripers! I use the sealine phone case and have a rope attached to it and the kayak to keep my iphone outa the drink, works well to take pictures through the plastic.
                  Shane
                  Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                  X