Spsp 4/10/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spsp 4/10/13

Hit the sand yesterday after work with Mytmouse.

My first hit was the biggest fish I've ever hooked into with my surf rod. I was using my old bait runner. I had the bait feeder drag set appropriately, but I forgot to set my main drag...it was set to the max. SMH. The fish took a strong run.. My rod bowed up more than it ever had, then SNAP went my leader.

A short while later, mytmouse had a hit...

<insert witty comment here>

Then I hooked into another one that came unbuttoned during the fight :-(

Comment

It was a blast out there!! That was my biggest Striper to date, it was about 32.5" and fat! Metroman got a pic of it on his Hawg Trough so maybe he will post it later. The fish gave a great fight!! This is by far the best catch I have ever had from the beach. I was ecstatic!! It really sucked with the luck that Metroman had losing his fish. They gave REAL hard pulls, the second one he lost had his drag screaming!! It was a tad windy and cool by the water, but after those hits and pulls we didn't feel much of the cool weather! LOL

We did see a kayaker launch and land while were there in a blue Hobie... Maybe it was someone from the board? Oh and we also saw this pregnant lady doing pregnancy shoots in a bikini... so that was kinda cool... LOL. I think that the guys going to the Jamboree are gonna have some good luck this upcoming tourney. They fish are definitely moving, not only from our report, but some others that I have seen too!! Hope this means we'll have a great season come opening day!

MYT

Comment

Comment

Congrats on your personal best Mytmouse & good videos. I drove to visit family in Cambridge, MD for the week. Decided to head out to Hoopers Island to fish on wave breakers late evening with my cousin & ended up catching my personal best 32" on bloodworms. Managed to lose some good ones on the rocks & caught my first American Eel just short of 2 feet. Hopefully will be my last, made a mess of my terminal. I'll post some pics later, when I get back home. All the reports I've been reading across Upper Chesapeake bay today showing stripers were very active yesterday. Can't wait for Opening Day!

Comment

What, no soundtrack?

Nice job

Comment

Nice stripers guys. It is fun to fish in all different sorts of ways for different species -- kayak catfish one week, surf casting to big stripers the next. We are fortunate to live in an area with so many fishing options.
              John Veil
              Annapolis
              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks guys! WTG at Hoopers Amberjack! Can't wait to see the pics... An eel at 2 feet! I bet he messed your line up... LOL

Imagine - Metroman only uses soundtracks when HE'S catching them... LOL!!

John - it is cool that we have options... I wanted to take the yak out, but it was just a quick trip and this was what we had time for!! I'm still hungry for more!!

Comment

Nice going guys! I been off all week an can't seem to get close to the water,wife keeping me busy .

Comment

Great opening seconds ".........saaaaaaaaammichhhhhhh..........get'um... ......." .......lol.... that was a nice fightin' clip of MYTM. I actually felt like I was holding that rod and hoping the fish wouldn't cut loose......lol.....

Then, it was metro's turn "......booonnneeeee up.....ha,ha,...pull that train.........yeah, baby......."

WTG, guys! Dang nice fish. You make me want to pull out my surf rods.
                    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
                    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

niiiiiice! Cool vid too

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                        You make me want to pull out my surf rods.
                        The change of pace is fun every now and then

Comment

Working...
                        X