Sealing Transducer Power Cord Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealing Transducer Power Cord Hole

how do you guys seal the hole made from your fishfinder's power cord? I just jimmy rigged it by wrapping the cord with enough duct tape to fill the hole for the summer but would like to make a more permanent seal. also how do you guys seal the screw holes for extra scotty mounts?
    Link to fishing vid, oldie but goodie.http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4894489669049#

GOOP Marine Grade! It's easy and cheap! You can get a clam seal or a thru hull waterproof connector... but I have used goop with out incident and will continue to do-so. I'm all for cheap!

When you're working with it, if you wet your finger, you can shape it around the hole. I put duct tape on the back of the hole with a pocket around the wire, think little bowl, then poured the goop into the hole and around it. I used my finger to shape it. Wait about 4 hrs, then apply some more, it will set up overnight and be good to go.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

ive used both and they work fine, the clam cover give the job a more finished look

Comment

Yes, goop is great. As far as the screw holes. As with any holes, where I pass a screw or bolt, only drill the hole large enough for the screw or bolt to thread its way through. That is a waterproof connection in itself and then apply goop. That should be as water proof as it gets.

Comment

For screw hole I dont bother, whatever I am putting down is usually tight enough. I get more water through the hatches as I am putting stuff in and out. I use the through hull mounts from West Marine. 5 bucks and it looks good.

Comment

Sealing holes

Surfdog and I used Marine Goop from West Marine and for the Transducer we used Duct Putty. Great set up I have a great signal and is by far the best I've done yet. Great set up time and most importantly no bubbles. I get a great picture on the screen.
            Tom Brown
            Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13
            2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Working...
            X