Maiden voyage...slimed new yak, literally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden voyage...slimed new yak, literally

Took the new trident 13 out for its maiden voyage... Still speechless about the difference, love this new boat... new werner camano paddle is a dream, crazy light and crisp - this one is staying far away from the Upper Potomac and Shenandoah

Found a deal at dicks on a cart.. marked down from $79 to $59 plus a $10 off coupon. Couldn't pass it up and does the job quite well

Flecthers Cove 3/30/13

Back to my favorite early spring fishing spot. Caught 5 shad, lost about as many, and a fat 25lb+ blue cat that absolutely slimmed the crap out of my new yak, and waders and life jacket etc.. nasty things. Funny these days I don't even flinch at a 20lb cat.. in search of my first 50lb+

Water is still decently high and little stained and still in the mid-upper 40s

Shad darts are the lure of choice or fly 5wt, shad dart flies, sinking line.. current seams in about 20-25ft fow... look for bottle necks in the river

The big cats are here... cut bait from the asian markets as fresh as you can get, 7/0-9/0 circle hooks, 2-4oz weight, grilled cheese sandwich sized chunks of bait on fish finder rigs, recommend a "tog style" rubber band attached to the weight

Justin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by camelbird; 03-31-2013, 12:42 PM.

Glad you're happy with the new ride. Nice fat cat.
    2012 Hobie Revo 13'
    2012 Hobie PA12'

Comment

Nice! Another spot I need to get back to.
      Ryan
      Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

That's a great way to christen your new kayak. Nicely done.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
        X