Triadelphia Pre-Easter Bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triadelphia Pre-Easter Bass

My son wanted to test out the Hobie that we are keeping for Pinch while he is in Afghanistan for a few months. So with the nice afternoon weather, we hit the local reservoir. My son never catches any fish there and he kept that trend up.

I was skunk-free there in 2012 and kept that trend up. I caught a 14 inch largemouth and a 13 inch largemouth. Both bass were near fallen trees and hit a "Redfish Magic" spinner bait with a chartreuse paddle tail fluke on it.

These were the first two bass I've caught on my new bait caster. Lews' Speed Spool and Berkley Lightning Rod. I liked the way it fished and no birds nests!

well done, keep up the skunk free trips!
    sigpic

Comment

Nice fish, I treated myself to a similar set up for the upcoming season. A Lews BB1 Baitcaster and a berkley lighting rod. It's a slow gear ratio...5.1:1...it will be my pre-spawn crankbait and suspending jerkbait set up. It saw some action on Centennial a few weeks ago and I was very pleased with the performance.
      2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
      2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Nice job Dan. Looks like the water clarity was pretty bad. I'll be checking out Rocky Gorge soon.
        Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
        Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
        Northern Pike: 24 inches
        Crappie: 12 inches
        Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

+1 on the Lews reels! Mine is mounted on a vintage BPS medium action Boron rod. Awesome reel!

Comment

Working...
          X