No yak... But a nice day out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No yak... But a nice day out

Went out today with medicyaker and wet some lines for trout out at Daniels Dam and Savage Mills. Caught one nice one at the dam with a Castmaster bounced off the wall.
    image.jpg

I went out this afternoon for some trout also. It was opening day here in harford county....fishing Deer Creek. Managed to get three trout, even after all the morning pressure. My kids opened their Easter baskets this evening so I can hit the creek again in the morning. I hope this doesn't make me a bad father!
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Easter is on 5 May... At least for my Russain Orthodox wife and our family. So no sweat.
      Savage had a nice school of trout right in front of me... Including some nice sized goldens. But I'll be darned if I could get them to even look at any bait, fly or lure.

Comment

Nice work, I went trout fishing today on the upper gunpowder and it was pretty good. I brought home my 5 fish limit and caught and released 5 more, which included one gold trout.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Congrats on the catch. I went to Savage on Saturday but got skunked. Those Holden's didn't flinch at anything. I'm still new to trout fishing and was wondering how do you fish with the castmaster? Steady retrieve, pauses?

Comment

You can run them fast... But I like a heavier than expected lure so the action is there with a slow retrieve, with some slight twitches as I reel. That seems to work on most species.

Originally posted by firemunkee View Post
            Congrats on the catch. I went to Savage on Saturday but got skunked. Those Holden's didn't flinch at anything. I'm still new to trout fishing and was wondering how do you fish with the castmaster? Steady retrieve, pauses?

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I went back to Savage on Monday morning and managed a 12" rainbow and one of the goldens, but it was only 9" but with a big belly. It hit on an inline spinner.

Comment

Working...
              X