6.27.09 spsp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.27.09 spsp

Grilled Sardine and I set sail at sandy point to live line for the first time this season. I forgot to charge my livewell battery the night before and forgot the plug for it so it became useless, but luckily i had brought my floating bait bucket as a backup. i hate that thing since it slows your spped down by more the half when it's in the water. and dunking it every 5 minutes is a pain, and the spot still die! i also forgot to charge my radio battery so i wasnt able to communicate with anyone. We splashed by 7am at the small craft launch and hunted for some spot. The second I put my line in the water, fish on! sweet i thought, this is going to be quick. nope. nothing for over an hour. Finally I found a hole holding spot and brought in at least 10 which I had to share with GS since he cant catch spot.

When we got in the water, the bay was a pond. by 9 or so, the wind came in and produced some nice chop, but then calmed down a bit. the yaks handled awesome and actually made it more fun..lol.

I went to the light house and stuck my first spot it, FISH ON...fish made two quick 1 second runs with the drag screeming and boom, line snapped. DAMN! I was using 14lb fireline. i'm going back to 20lb fireline. it's not the 14lb isnt strong, it's just so thin that the knot strength isnt there and the line just cuts into itself. had the same problem with lighter braids.

Then that was it, no more hits the rest of the day at the lighthouse and bridge. I came back in around 2pm. i was so mad about the line snapping that i didnt even take the camera out to take any pictures except for this crappy one at the begining. It was one hot day but still had a great time
    Attached Files
    sigpic

You guys were OUT when some of us had to be IN. Too bad about snapping the line getting off to a rough start rule is bad fishing is still better then a good day working (I had 2 hellious nights @ work so I would trade for a broken line any day)

Comment

^lol..touche!
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X