Occoquan Report 3/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occoquan Report 3/9

I launched at the usual palce at 12:00pm. The water was stained with the visibility at about 2-3'.

The park people (not sure what to call them) have cleaned up the launch site and moved the rocks so it is much easier to launch now and there is a lot more room. Later in the day I met with Meadeo and KG703
    who did substantially better but will let them tell their story.

It was a slow day for me and I fished around the piers from 12-2 before the water level rose to high for me to get out. The tubes didn't work today so I used a pink-brown curly-tail grub on which I caught all five crappie. At high tide I went to the dam to try for shad but I couldn't find them although other boaters did. Although it was slow the weather was nice and it was nice to be out on the water.

P3090001.jpgP3090005.jpgP3090007.jpgP3090015.jpg
    Last edited by M_Duong60; 03-10-2013, 07:53 PM. Reason: grammar
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

That's five more fish than I caught today, while sitting at home. Glad to hear they've cleaned up the launch a bit. Thanks for the report.
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Nice job bro! Thanks for the report!
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Thank you and I plan on using your crappie with fennel recipe tonight for dinner so thanks for the recipe as well.
        Last edited by M_Duong60; 03-10-2013, 06:40 PM.
        Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Comment

Good job Minh, I have to get down there. No crappie up north in Harford County
          2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
          2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Good job Minh. I am glad to see they cleaned up the launch area.
            Jim

Hobie Outback
            TKAA member
            Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

You are right, the launch looks a lot better without those boulders.

Comment

Glad they cleaned up the kayak launch site and look forward to using it soon...

Everytime I went to the Occoquan last year, I made it a point to tell one of the park employees how the kayak launch site was actually very inconvenient to launch kayaks because of those big rocks in the water. I stubbed my toe on one of them the first time I launched there and ever since I just launched at the larger concrete boat launch. I know some of the bass/power boaters didnt necessarily like me launching and returning to shore there but I didnt want to experience those boulders anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X