Occuquan on Saturday 3/9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occuquan on Saturday 3/9

I would have gone to the meet and greet on Saturday if it was closer but Severn is a bit to far of a commute for me. Anyway since I am itching to get out again I will go to Occoquan for crappie and hopefully Yellow perch if they are in the deep area.

Hopefully the YP will be in the deep area because of the big storm on wednesday. Any I plan on using the typical setup and if I can find the time pick up some waxworms to test out for both crappie and YP.

Let me know if anyone else is planning to head out. I will most likely get there at 9 and fish for the day.
    Last edited by M_Duong60; 03-08-2013, 05:14 PM.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Minh,

I will be there with a crew but on a boat (gray/black Tracker Targa)......have you been able to actually see the water condition?

Ernie

Comment

Sorry my post was misleading so I changed it. Although I do believe that the water will be cloudy due to the snow+rain+melting snow. So for all I know the water might actually be somewhat clear but still cloudy although I cannot verify this. If anyone commutes past Occoquan could you send a report?

thanks,

Comment

your teasing me...i haven't got a chance to launch my kayak yet...was thinking about launching in Mrytle Grove as my maiden voyage..gotta get some kudo points to get a kitchen pass if I was to go Saturday..lol..what time you plan on goin if your goin?
        Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
        Asian Anglerz
        TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

I have to check maybe with outgoing tide. Although I am 50% at the moment I will tell you more later today.

Comment

Me and KG703 plan to be down there tomorrow chasing perch and crappie. Likely not be in the Kayaks as mine are currently buried under a foot of snow..

Meadeo
            2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

What time were you guys planning on going. I myself will most likely get there at nine or so if i'm going but do you know what the water clarity is like?

Comment

I know a guy who lives in the area and he said at 2:30 today the river was muddy.
                Yellow Submarine - Hobie PA
                Stealth Green Tarpon 140
                Orange Koho Perception

Comment

Hmmm...that seems like it would be a problem and although I do not think that I will catch anything I will still head out for the heck of it.

Comment

something has turned up and wont be there till about 11-1130

Comment

Water is stained. We had no luck this morning.

Ernie

Comment

Working...
                      X