Waiting to break the ice...literally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting to break the ice...literally

What's up everybody. I almost 100% fish freshwater here in the frederick county area. Other than the rivers (Potomac and Monocacy) most places have ice right now and I can't fish em. So il just post a few pics of fish I caught last year on the yak. Gotta say I love it!
    Attached Files
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

sweet pics. do you fish the mouth of the mococacy or up river?
    sigpic

Comment

Both, mouth and all the way up to walkersville area. Lots of fish throughout the river. Makes for a fun float day.
      Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

love the monocacy!
        sigpic

Comment

yea same here. very underrated for the plentiful of fish it has. we will have to fish one day this year together
          Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

^i'm in. let me know when you plan on heading out, i'm not far.
            sigpic

Comment

Where do you launch on the Upper Monocacy? I drive over the Monocacy near Walkerville and near SpringRidge, but I've never fished it. Would like to try it when the weather warms up...
              Bruce

Comment

I have put in up near Big Forbs rd off of rt15 and float down to the Walmart on 26. Also put in at 355 and float down to buckeystown park. Lots of fish in the Monocacy.
                Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Great to know. If you need someone to float with, let me know. Also, are those sections of the river deep enough for a Hobie Revo 13 to peddle?
                  Thanks,
                  Bruce

Comment

Yea il be sure to. We can get stupidjet to come too. It would be questionable in a few spots for the fins. Most water is about 3ft with a few spots up to 5ft or so. But there are places that get down to just around 7 inches or so of water.
                    Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Sounds good. Just let me know via PM when you'd want to go and where to meet. I have availability about anytime with a little notice. I live in VA but only about 10 minutes from Point of Rocks so getting there doesn't take long. I drive a Tacoma truck with a bed extender that can carry two yaks....
                      Bruce

Comment

Sounds good, will be sure to. Once the water and air warms up il be going out there.
                        Ocean Kayak Trident 13

Comment

Don't know that I would risk the fins in the Monocacy. You "might" be OK early in the season when the water is generally higher but you would still have to be very careful. A couple years ago I went out there in the spring with a group of guys and one had a Ocean Kayak Torque. He had to pull the motor and drift through areas numerous times. Brunswick to Point of Rocks is a good float and the water is usually much deeper.
                          Digital Livewell

Comment

Do you have to go thru any rapids or Knoxville Falls for the Brunswick to Point of Rock float? Dangerous for a relatively new kayaker?

Comment

nice meeting you the other day

Comment

Working...
                              X