St Jeromes 10/23-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Jeromes 10/23-24

I was lucky enough to get invited to a camp just south of St Jeromes for a Cast and Blast Weekend by a coworker. Ended up with a nice Buck Saturday morning and started fishing around 1 on Saturday. Started by trolling a rattle trap and a Bass asassin on a 3/4 ounce jig head down to the red roof house, trying to stay along a break in about 10 ft of water with no action. As I neared the mouth I went up over the channel edge into about 4 ft and bang, my first fish on the BA, 14 incher. Started casting the BA and caught a 18.5 incher and a 16. Started trolling again and missed one more hit on my way into the mouth and started fishing the wall and docks on the inside. Caught one more 14 incher on the BA and worked my way out again and back to the camp I was staying at without any more action. Sunday, after my morning hunt I launched my yak and started trolling a tandem rig Bucktail / BA on Jig head combo and a plain BA. Started in shallow with my experience from the day before and just as I cleared the sand bar both rods got hit. 2 scholies about 14 inches, both on the BA. Reset and circled back through the area and picked up one more about 20 inches on the BA again before heading to the creek mouth trolling along the break. Nothing trolling and no bites while I was by the red house. Went inside the mouth and caught a 10 incher around the docks and then got a phone call and had to head back to camp. On the way I trolled and again picked up a fish on the break of the sandbar. Went to shore and gave my buddy the keys and launched again this time concentrating on the break of the sandbar. Cast and trolled all aound without anything and was circling back when I got another hit, this time on the bucktail. Started casting and dragging another line and caught one more fish before my line on the bottom got snagged. Seems that most of the fish I was catching were stacked up around an area of rocks on the outside edge of a sandbar. Fished a little longer and then headed for shore so I could make it home in time to watch the second half of the Pat's game. Great weekend both in the woods and on the water. I'll try to get some photos up . Good fishing

Chimo

Sounds like a nice bit of action. How did having two fish on at the same time work out? Do you turn the yak around and fight them, or do you reel them in over your shoulder?
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

nice thanks for the report. looks like a successful trip
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

thanks for the report, glad to see some one getting some action!

Comment

20 incher

Double!

Dinner

My Buck

Comment

^ nice buck!
            Hobie Revolution 13
            Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Nice deer. I was down in St Mary's this weekend as well. Plan was to hunt and fish all weekend. Left Baltimore City later than we were supposed to on Friday and didn't get into the deer stands until 5pm. Heard a bunch of deer but not shots. Stayed up too late drinking and went duck hunting in the AM. I got a mallard. Everyone else got skunked. Went out to Point lookout on a boat for so fishing and chased around some birds with very little luck. One 16" rock until the sun was about to set. Had a flurry of action near the sand bar at the end of point lookout with 4 small rockfish, two 20" bluefish and one 19" rockfish. Lasted about 20 min. Kept birdnesting lines, it was a mess. Unfortunatly when we got back to fillet the rock, noticed it had a bunch of sores on it. Stayed up too late to get back in the woods on Sunday morning for some bow hunting but did go out to St Jerome's for a few hours. Didn't catch a thing. Oh well, still a great weekend enjoying an escape from Baltimore City.

Comment

Nice little crab claw buck you got there and some nice rockfish too!
                '12 Ocean Kayak Prowler trident 13 Orange
                '09 Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Red
                Kayak Fishing Mafia

-Both fish and men are often caught with artificial's-

Comment

Nice work! That's an awesome weekend!

Comment

Great report and congrats on the surf and turf you bagged there. A double header always gets the blood pumping. I hope to have that issue this year as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X