Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to go fishing with other takers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to go fishing with other takers!

Still a novice yaker, only been at it for a year and a half. Live in Quantico so I have plenty of friends to fish with down south(Virginia beach area). Looking for guys that may not be a 5 hour drive away. Not scared of a little cold weather or some wind. Hit me up if you can stand a tag along on upcoming trips. Thanks and tight lines. Chris
    Cobra Marauder 14'
    "Ok, wait a minute! What the hell am I doing wrong here?"

Hey Chris, if you keep an eye on the Virginia section of the forum people will start talking about meet ups in Va. There have been a number of members that have meet up to crappie fish on the Occoquan this winter. The Occcoquan, however, has been very muddy as of late. Do you know if Lunga has reopened?
    Last edited by Moschedmi; 02-28-2013, 08:26 PM.
    Ed
    Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Hi there Chris,

I am a saltwater fishing guy and like you I too hate the fact that I have to drive 4-5 hours to go fishing at the beach. I live in Woodbridge and learned to settle with fishing the Potomac, Occoquan river and Occoquan reservoir. I suck at freshwater fishing but I have good time every time I go out in my kayak. I would be glad to go with you sometime this spring/summer. I always go out fishing by myself and it would be nice to go out with somebody.

Comment

Charlie I fish those as well. I am just north of you in Oakton. What part of the Potomac do you fish?
        Ed
        Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Usually the Occoquan River, launching from the Occoquan Regional Park. Pohick Bay and Leesylvania Park. I will try the Occoquan Reservoir in Lake Ridge this spring to see if I catch something.

Comment

I fished those as well leesylvaina being the exception. I also like to get out on the Potomac near Reagan Airport and Algonkian regional Park great small mouth action and the water is clean enough to swim in if the weather gets to hot. Next time I go out I will drop you a line also keep an eye on the Virginia section of Snaggedline for impromptu meet ups.
            Regards Ed
            Last edited by Moschedmi; 03-01-2013, 11:09 PM.
            Ed
            Jackson Cuda 14

Comment

Didnt know so many active users were near by. I'll go just about anywhere to fish and am hoping to expand my list of favorites, but usually end up going to Leesylvania or Pohick. In a week or two I'm going to fish the Occoquan Reservoir since I live about a mile from it. Fished fresh water all my life but only a little over a year from a kayak. Same with tidal or salt water. Ill be in a red stealth 12 with an orange PFD, say hi if you see me out there.
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

Working...
              X