CHSP During Spring Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP During Spring Break

Planning on going to CHSP during spring break to fish for tog. Was wondering if anyone was planning on going if the tog are not there I might also try the rt.50 bridge in OC and fish for rockfish.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

good question! We are planning a trip to Dover, DE and most of the people are going are gamblers. Since we are off easter sunday we planned a trip up there. I started to see what else to do besides gambling for the non gamblers.. Saw the geographical area so looked for a beach and saw something about the migration of the horseshoe crab laying eggs and saw FISHING..so started looking up more info and saw something about CHSP..then googled couldnt find much so I thought about MKF and looky here..so I'll be up there just bank fishing at the end of march what's biting and also thats Spring Break week for maryland..so hoping to see where to fish and whats biting..lol
    Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
    Asian Anglerz
    TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

You realize that there is a pier at CHSP right? so you wouldn't have to bank fish last summer I fished for croaker and spot, and only part of it was demolished if my memory serves.

Comment

pier fishing is fun but i'm not a big fan of pier fishing..i've fishe piers in galveston, tx. Destin/pensacola, fl i prefer fishing off the rock or jetties. Pier fishing is fun hauling up small fish but big fish is tricky with a net or hook and i have both. I fish with light tackle and have had my fair share the fish breaking the line on the eay up..lol where would te CHSP be located? let me google it lol
        Asian Anglerz
        TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

if you like fishing on rocks try the Indian River Inlet it is closer to OC and holds large fish however heavy tackle might work better.

Comment

when you planning to head to CHSP? I plan to head down there Saturday March 30 and head back Easter sunday night. If your interested I was thinking about chartering a boat for 1/2 day up to 6 people fishing for Tog. Fishing the CHSP that time of the year your only goin to be able to ctach skate according to the local bait and tackle shops. if interested let me know haven't decided yet.
            Asian Anglerz
            TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

I'm probably going to go down to OC at my parents beach house during that time period and should be in the area for the whole week. How much would it be to charter out of curiosity? Although I am not sure if I would would want to spend a chunk of money on a boat because I have not bought all the bells and whistles on my kayak yet and get a few baitcasters.

Although I will most likely head to the Rt. 50 bridge in OC to fish with kayakjoe for blues, stripers, and basically whatever is biting. It is similar to CBBT from what I hear and it holds quality fish. I can forward you a message on the area if you would like.

Comment

Spring break?? What's that?
                Mike S.
                Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
                3D Printed Hobie Hatch Bucket

Comment

It is a "holiday" sort of deal where school lets out for a week. In my case it's from March 25 to the 29th so I will be doing a lot of fishing in the DE and MD waters due to the fact that I will be staying in a condo in OC.

Comment

I don't get it.

Comment

In 5 words...No school for a week.

Comment

It's Alil early for summer isn't it?
                        Jason

-2017 ivory dune pro angler 12' with micro power pole, Lowrance EliteTI7, boonedox landing gear
                        -2015 olive outback with Lowrance Hook7,micro power pole, seadek kit, micro power pole
                        -Orange Heritage featherlite

Comment

Just around the corner.....

Comment

$425 up to 6 people that includes rod, reel, and bait..lol
                            Asian Anglerz
                            TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

Unfortunatly something has come up and I won't be there the whole week I will only be down there the 23rd to the 26th.

Comment

Working...
                              X