St Jerome's Creek 10/24/2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Jerome's Creek 10/24/2010

Arrived at 9:30AM and got on the water at 10am. The tide was really low. After a 30 minute peddle to the mouth, we tried jigging for about 30 minutes
    around the red roof house with no luck. I decided to troll all the way to the the pier with the Gazebo in about 9 ft of water but nothing bit and nothing
    on the FF.

Tired of trying lures and seeing my friend tried his best at other lures, I went to catch some spots by the wall at the red roof house. Hooked up a spot and peddled out to the middle between the house and the green marker.
    less then 5 mins, I hooked my first 18.5" striper. He looked clean so I stringed him and let him swim by the kayak. 20 minutes later, I caught my last striper of the day at 19". After that, it was dead. High tide was around 3pm and I had to go.

I tried for flounder at the red marker since there was a nice drop off from 5 - 10ft there but nada. I tried for specks/puppy at the coves inside the inlet on the way back but nada.

Thanks for the report. I'd love to know what the people who are catching puppy drum in that area are using. You'd think with the variety of lures you guys, Joe, mmanolis2001, and I have thrown there, one of us would've gotten one.
    Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
    Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

thanks for the report
      Hobie Revolution 13
      Hobie Fishing Team

Comment

Working...
      X