Fishing at "Towerside Bay"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing at "Towerside Bay"

For the past few summer I have been going to the "bay" as I call it and do some wade fishing for croakers, catch mullet, and clam. Now that I have a kayak I was wondering if I could catch flounder or striper if I went out to deeper waters. I have actually caught a 18'' striper there in about 3' of water in the fall when the water was very choppy while castnetting for mullet but I think it was just EXTREAMLY lucky.

*note: I am not sure if it is actually called towerside bay can someone tell me?
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Never heard of towerside bay, might help if you gave some more info on where this is... State, County, Town?

Comment

Its in Rehoboth beach I believe and is about 15 minuets away from the Old Inlet bait shop.

Comment

Is it south of Rehoboth Beach? If its west of rt 1 in the Rehoboth area that would be the Rehoboth bay. Yes there are flounder in Rehoboth Bay. Old inlet bait shop backs up to the Rehoboth bay, it may not be Rehoboth bay if you are driving 15 mins from the bait shop.

If its further south towards MD it may be the little assawoman Bay. You can launch your kayak into the Rehoboth bay from savage ditch road. If you Google map search savage ditch road Delaware it will give you a good idea where it is located.

Andrew
        Last edited by andrew; 02-23-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I think it is Rehoboth Bay not Assawoman and thanks...I have never fished for flounder there before might try during the summer thanks.

Comment

hey Minh if you do decide to go post up time and date.. I wanna tag along and potlick your spots lol..
            Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
            Asian Anglerz
            TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

Sure haha

Comment

Working...
              X