Fishing in Charleston,SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishing in Charleston,SC

The wife and I are planning a spring break trip to Charleston, SC and I am hoping to take my yak and fish a couple of times.

Does anyone have any experience fishing down there? I am planning on going after reds and specks. We are planning on going March 23-March 28.

Also I am curious as to if anyone has experience storing their yak when traveling.? Did you put it in the room with you or on the balcony? Were hotels accomodating?

We are thinking about staying in either an extended stay hotel or possibly renting a house/condo.

I am a little hesistant to leave it locked on my roof rack. Getting my yak stolen would definitely ruin the trip for me!

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

I lock mine on the truck and haven't had any issues from New York to Nc. You should be fine with a long cable lock. If you are going to roll the yak into your hotel room make sure you're on the bottom floor.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

I've locked my ocean kayak torque on roof rack on my last 2 trips down south, no issues. I always get a hotel room where I can see my vehicle & kayak, also good idea to have insurance on the yak.

Comment

I always lock mine to my vehicle with a cable lock on overnight trips. No issues so far.
        I think there is a lot of kayak friendly area to fish around charleston, especially in the Intracoastal waterway, but I dont really know any specifics.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
        X