newbie question on sheepheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie question on sheepheads

read somewhere that virginia has a texas species I usually target in the spring. Where's the best place to catch sheepheads around Virginia?
    Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
    Asian Anglerz
    TexasKayakFisherman

It will be CBBT (Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel). You will hear when the summer comes starting Jul-August.
    It will help if you put the city you live in to your profile. Some of the members drive 3+ hours to fish DE, MD and VA. Yu may get to know some members live close to your city

joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

X2 on the CBBT in the summer time for big sheepies. Here is a small write-up:

http://www.chesapeake-angler.com/STO...sheepshead.htm
      2013 WS Ride 135
      2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Wow making me drool...sheepshead usually start biting in the Texas gulf coast in a few weeks..they start making their migration to spawning areas. I love catching them off the the jettie rocks with live shrimp under a popping cork. When they're hooked they put up a good fight. Make sure the hook set is good cause I have had them crush treble hooks with those jaws.. I call them convicts cause of their stripes it looks like prison suits lol.. Can't wait to get on the water.
        Yellow Hobie Outback 2013
        Asian Anglerz
        TexasKayakFisherman

Comment

When they are biting, the go-to baits around here are live fiddler crabs or sand fleas (some people use frozen if that's all they have but fresh/live always gets better results) maybe chunks of fresh blue crab or clams if you can't get the fiddlers or sand fleas. I haven't heard of anyone using the live shrimp and cork method for them around here, but if that's how you are used to fishing for them and you can get some live shrimp, I say give it a shot, you never know!
          2013 WS Ride 135
          2015 WS Ride 115

Comment

Working...
          X