Kayak Wars - recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Wars - recruiting

It's been a while since I made a post so I first want to start by say hi to everyone and hope you all are having a great New Year.

My buddy got me interested into Kayak Wars and we are trying to get a team of 3-5 people together to compete against other teams in the North East region. Im new to Kayak Wars so Im still finding out about it here http://kayakwars.com/index.php

I told him I'd ask here to see if there were any takers. We only need one more for a team, but would welcome up to 3. IDK what the compitition is like but you get points for all types of fish, so variety is a good thing. Points are added up at the end of the year and top teams receive prizes. We aren't too interested in the prizes, even though that would be nice. But we are asking for someone who will be committed and not flake out on us half way through the season.

If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me or reply here and we can go further. The season started last week so we have to get this rolling and get a team name.

** My buddy's name is Ryan. He's a childhood friend I grew up with. He's my age (26). There aren't many yak fishermen in that area so he's excited to fish with others, even if he wont be right next to us. He regularly catches smallmouth and northern pike which will help with our variety.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Turtle135 and I are already signed up on a team.
    This will be my first year doing it. Seeing how I already take photos of my fish, I figured it would be pretty fun to look back and see how I do in 2013.

Comment

awesome! I thought the same thing. It's free, no reason not to do it really
      -Jon
      Revo 13

Comment

Hey Jon!

Glad to see you back in the game. I presume you're concentrating in the NoVA area. If you need another member, I'm game.

John

Comment

Alexandria? Where do you fish? I am also in Alexandria... I'm already on a team, but good luck this year guys!
          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jffoley View Post
            Hey Jon!
            Glad to see you back in the game. I presume you're concentrating in the NoVA area. If you need another member, I'm game.
            John
            Hey John! Yup, I'll be fishing around NoVA. I live pretty close to Occoquan, but like Pohick and Leesylvania better for close to home trips. My friend Ryan is in Western NY. I forgot to add that in. Also, Jack - Canvery, just sent me an email and he's in. We're still trying to come up with a good team name. Trying to play off of ideas that have to do with : skunk, kitchen pass : any ideas?
            -Jon
            Revo 13

Comment

Originally posted by Redfish12 View Post
              Alexandria? Where do you fish? I am also in Alexandria... I'm already on a team, but good luck this year guys!
              Good luck to you as well ! Ill have to update my profile. I live in Woodbridge now, but still hit the local spots. Occoquan, Pohick, Leesylvania, Fletchers cove maybe once or twice when the shade run hits. Im still new to the area so Im not familiar with many other spots, but I hit those mentioned pretty hard last season. Still no snakehead. That will change this year. As long as they stop snapping me off and I can tie a decent knot.
              -Jon
              Revo 13

Comment

I don't know if you have a full team yet or not, but I thought I would offer my services. I am signed up for a spring and fall marathon this year, and the training for those will limit my fishing and force me to fish more locally. I'd keep up with it if I joined, but I doubt I'd be much help in getting enough points to win anything. So no hard feelings if your full or rather would stick with what you have. I am also located in Woodbridge and fish most of the spots you mentioned. Bass fishing has never been my favorite type of fishing, but I caught my first snakehead last year and am hooked. I am excited this year to get out and target them more.

-Robert

Comment

Originally posted by bigfluke45 View Post
                  I don't know if you have a full team yet or not, but I thought I would offer my services. I am signed up for a spring and fall marathon this year, and the training for those will limit my fishing and force me to fish more locally. I'd keep up with it if I joined, but I doubt I'd be much help in getting enough points to win anything. So no hard feelings if your full or rather would stick with what you have. I am also located in Woodbridge and fish most of the spots you mentioned. Bass fishing has never been my favorite type of fishing, but I caught my first snakehead last year and am hooked. I am excited this year to get out and target them more.
                  -Robert
                  If John (Jffoley) joins up we will be full (pending my buddy gets someone to join up there), but I appreciate the offer. If we don't end up getting someone else from up North Ill let you know. Cut off to get everyone signed on is May 1st. We're not too concentrated on winning anything, but if we get into something then so be it.
                  -Jon
                  Revo 13

Comment

Working...
                  X