Cold day at the Hot Ditch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold day at the Hot Ditch

Decided very late Friday night to try my luck at the hot ditch in Chesapeak, VA Saturday. I was hoping to get away from all the rain run off. No such luck, the water was stained a dark reddish black.

I got a late start and hit the water around 12:00 trolled and jig all over the place. I finally found a few small ones just before sunset. Only 1 worth a picture. I will give it a try again soon in hopes of better fishing.

100_1099.jpg
    Jim

Hobie Outback
    TKAA member
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

we need to coordinate. I was fast asleep at the Econo Lodge next to OE2 this morning. We Matt and I fished that area Friday night.
    Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Went out for drinks Friday night and decide around 12:30 to get up early and go fishing. I was thinking the Occoquan but it was a mess after the rain so I ran south. We will have to get together soon and get some real points posted.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

I think we are going to have to go further south. Pamlico Sound area lol.
        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

RockChaser,
          Thanks for the report. Your info is now kept in my data bank. I have a rule for Specks regarding air temp- Warming trend yes, cooling trend No.
          I will try after I catch two keep stripers in Lake Anna

joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Working...
          X