Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big News!

Hello All!
    I received some great news recently when I was told that I would be working at Point Lookout State Park this year as a permanent Ranger. I'm looking forward to moving down there and starting asap, but not nearly as much as I'm looking forward to fishing the area as often as possible. I'm extremely excited to be so close to great fishing, and to learn some new water. I hope to learn as much as possible from you PLO vets out there, I'll even offer up some of my knowledge of the Patuxent, my home water, in return.

Take my announcement as an invitation to come fish with a PLO Ranger whenever I'm not on duty, as I plan to have the kayak out before and after work until my arms and legs give out. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

-- J
    Last edited by TalonAngler; 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM.
    Fishing adds years to your life, and life to your years.

Originally posted by TalonAngler View Post
    Hello All!
    I received some great news recently when I was told that I would be working at Point Lookout State Park this year as a permanent Ranger. I'm looking forward to moving down there and starting asap, but not nearly as much as I'm looking forward to fishing the area as often as possible. I'm extremely excited to be so close to great fishing, and to learn some new water. I hope to learn as much as possible from you PLO vets out there, I'll even offer up some of my knowledge of the Patuxent, my home waters.

Take my announcement as an invitation to come fish with a PLO Ranger whenever I'm not on duty, as I plan to have the kayak out before and after work until my arms and legs give out. Looking forward to seeing everyone out there!

-- J
    Congrats on the Permanant Ranger Position Jonas!!

Comment

Congrats on the new position, I like the area but am still learning about it.

On a side note, hopefully you can educate the staff at the front gate on how much to charge kayak fishermen. I think I have been charged 4 or 5 different rates depending on what they think it should be.
      Jim

Hobie Outback
      TKAA member
      Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Thanks guys!

The question about how kayaks are charged seems to be a tough one for the park system. I have tried to reform the system at each park I've worked at, to some success. Parks tend to warm to the change if you change the rhetoric to "trailer fee" instead of "launch fee." Unfortunately, that still includes a healthy amount of kayak fisherman. Its tough, but needless to say, I'll do my best to help out fellow yakers whenever I can!

Comment

congrats! is a md ranger the same as NRP?
          sigpic

Comment

Once upon a time they were one in the same, but now Rangers are civilians as opposed to the officers of NRP. We, of course, work together closely.

Comment

We'll be neighbors.....let's have lunch and catch some fish!
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

That sounds like a great idea! I'm excited to see what PLO and the creeks around it have to offer for me!

Comment

Congrats. I have never been there. This should be my motivation to make the trip!!

Comment

Originally posted by TalonAngler View Post
                    Hello All!
                    I received some great news recently when I was told that I would be working at Point Lookout State Park this year as a permanent Ranger. I'm looking forward to moving down there and starting asap, but not nearly as much as I'm looking forward to fishing the area as often as possible. I'm extremely excited to be so close to great fishing, and to learn some new water. I hope to learn as much as possible from you PLO vets out there, I'll even offer up some of my knowledge of the Patuxent, my home water, in return.

-- J
                    Congratulation on the new job. Hoping to get down there sometime.

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Thank you! Can't wait to start seeing some yaks out there!

Comment

Sorry I am, just now seeing this post- I would have expected this in the main forum. Fished PLO many this last summer and fall- would have reached out to you had I read before now- hopefully next spring Bill, Mike, Kevin and I will be checking in with you a lot-
                        "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                        2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                        "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                        Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Got some of the best fishing in the bay down there ........... spend some time dow the road at the Breezy Pt Marina ........ Mike is the owner ........ I went out with him and Walleye Pete last November I think ......... great guy .......REALLY knows the area ...... they even got a couple of BIG Snakeheads right at his Marina. Walleye Pete is also in the area as well as Brady Bounds ........ I think all 3 of those guys know every fish in the bay down there. Brady is even doing a Kayak Mothership service.

Congrats on the prime post ....... looking forward to fishing with ya

Comment

Snakeheads just off the Bay? That's something I never expected. I'll have to compare them to the behemoths that lived at Smallwood on the Mattawoman. I swear there was a pair that was pushing four feet in length.

Comment

I think Snakeheads were caught at Buzz's at St Jeromes creek not Breezy Point.
                              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                              X