Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocoquan and Nothern VA Regional Parks and Annual Pass

Before I forget

There are more than 10 regional parks in northern VA. Pohick Bay, Algonkian, and Occouan are the ones I fish often.

The kayak launch fee is $4 and the annual pass for a car top vessel is $40. I can use the same annual pass at all regional park ramps.

The pohick bay office is almost always open. Usually the Occoquan office is always locked. If you want to purchase the annual pass at Occoquan office call John Houser at 571-329-1542 (his cell phone).

The annual pass is good for 12 months from the purchase date.

Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Joe,
    If I use my pickup to haul two kayaks to the Park for launching, do I pay $4 or $8 to launch? I am not sure if it is a "per vehicle" or "per kayak" fee. Similarly, would the annual pass allow me to launch both kayaks or would I need two passes?
    Thanks,
    Bruce

Comment

LordOfthe Manor,
      I don't know the answer.
      You may dial the cell number for answer. I hope it's per vehicle. I saw many times at Phoick Bay that several jet skis and kayaks on a trailer. I believed one pass was used for all kayaks/jet skis on a trailer. It might have been against the rule. Some place charge per vehicle not per kayaks

I think I will pay per vehicle

Joe
      Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Joe,

I have had people carpooling with me get ticketed by park staff for us only paying one launch fee while launching multiple kayaks. Granted i have only had this happen once and the guy was watching us launch. Pretty sure in the winter you can get away with only paying one launch fee per vehicle.. But funding is tight for parks so i can understand a staff member getting a little overzealous with the launch fees.

Meadeo
        2012 135 Wilderness Systems Angler

Comment

Joe,

I sent you a PM....

Ernie

Comment

Originally posted by Meadeo View Post
            Joe,

I have had people carpooling with me get ticketed by park staff for us only paying one launch fee while launching multiple kayaks. Granted i have only had this happen once and the guy was watching us launch. Pretty sure in the winter you can get away with only paying one launch fee per vehicle.. But funding is tight for parks so i can understand a staff member getting a little overzealous with the launch fees.

Meadeo
            Thanks for the info. I will keep more one dollar bills in my truck in case I carry two kayaks.

Comment

Working...
            X