New HOW Fishing dates for this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HOW Fishing dates for this year

OK Everyone, we now have the dates scheduled for this years Heroes on the Water Maryland Chapter fishing outings.
    April 19-20 and 21st at the Susky Flats Jamborree.
    June 22 in Ocean City
    July 20 Severn River area.
    September 21 Severn/Chesapeake Bay area (to be deturmined)
    We will post more here as the time nears each event but we will be hoping to have at least 10 wounded warriors at each event. We now have the gear we need and will still need to have a few guys or gals to help as fishing buddys.
    Thanks for all of the support you have all given and I Hope continue to help with all of our outings.
    If anyone knows of an injured veteran that has served his country or Firefighters or Police Officers that have been ijured in the line of duty, please tell him about our organization or get me their contact information.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Tom
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
    OK Everyone, we now have the dates scheduled for this years Heroes on the Water Maryland Chapter fishing outings.
    April 19-20 and 21st at the Susky Flats Jamborree.
    June 22 in Ocean City
    July 20 Severn River area.
    September 21 Severn/Chesapeake Bay area (to be deturmined)
    We will post more here as the time nears each event but we will be hoping to have at least 10 wounded warriors at each event. We now have the gear we need and will still need to have a few guys or gals to help as fishing buddys.
    Thanks for all of the support you have all given and I Hope continue to help with all of our outings.
    If anyone knows of an injured veteran that has served his country or Firefighters or Police Officers that have been ijured in the line of duty, please tell him about our organization or get me their contact information.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Tom
    Will have our Overboard Rod that we won on Facebook for you as soon as it arrives from Florida.

Comment

NO HURRY. Thanks for doing that competition for us and for rallying the troops. I'm sorry it was only 3rd place. Next year we will have 1st... if they do it again.
      Now I have to fork out some $ for a decent reel for such a nice rod... I'll find a way. Basspro has some nice stuff that I can get my discount on. Do you know if its a spinning or baitcast rod, or action, wieght or length??? I'd prefer spinning but for free I can't be choosy right???
      Thanks again.
      Tom Brown
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Warrior Transition Unit on Fort Meade

Have you reached out to the WTU on Fort Meade? They have the wounded warriors that are more mobile. They have a "social work" office that coordinates with outside groups. I'm pretty sure they would have plenty of soldiers wanting to fish...
        By the way, I'm certified to drive the post's 44-passenger buses (active duty stationed at Meade) and would be happy to transport any groups you can put together from there.

Comment

Thanks again for the info yesterday. I most apreciate all the help you can give. Per your pm yesterday please contact me around noon today.
          Thanks
          Tom
          Tom Brown
          2012 Hobie PA 14'
          Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Coop, thanks and yes I do need help with getting the word out on Ft. Made about our program. I'm meeting a small amount of resistant on made and will take whatever help I can get
            Thanks and I look forward to partnering with you to get the word out
            Thanks again
            Tom
            Tom Brown
            2012 Hobie PA 14'
            Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

What kind of Gear does your chapter still need the most?

Comment

Access to wounded warriors... Having difficulty with that. I would like to have a special seat that is needed for a few types of injuries. Its custom made and expensive. We have 6 Kayaks and all the gear for them. We will be in a joint outing with Wounded Warrior Project ina few months. I will post that date as well when I know if we will be permitted to bring helpers and how many we will need. I would like a few more kayaks to bring it to a total of 10. The joint outing is on a private farm and pond on the eastern shore of Md. Last year they had the tidewater Virginia guys coming up here. This year its gonna be md HOW and WWP Joint outing. We don't have much freshwater gear like rods reels and baits. We do have some small jigs and plastic but not alot of various baits . Would like to get a few more jigs, plastics, spinner baits and a couple Alabama Rigs. Need sinkers, bobbers, hooks and measuring devices as well. I am trying to post a few pics from the Susky outing where one of team Md wounded warriors won 3rd place in the Catfish category with a 16" cutie. The joint outing could be our largest ever. Last year I think they had over 12-15 wounded warriors. If that happens I will be on here asking for some help!!!! LOL.
                Thanks and as always feel free to call me at anytime with any questions you may have. We have a trailer now that holds upto 8 boats and want to rehab that to the newer trailer we have waiting for us to rig. Just need a welder...
                Hope all of that isn't too much for you but not asked.... LOL and thank you for asking too
                Thanks
                Tom
                Last edited by medicyaker; 05-13-2013, 07:36 PM.
                Tom Brown
                2012 Hobie PA 14'
                Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

No its off due to no participating wounded warriors.... Again
                  Trying to put together for next month
                  Sorry,
                  Tom
                  Tom Brown
                  2012 Hobie PA 14'
                  Ocean Kayak Tident 13

Comment

Working...
                  X