Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very Windy Even in Lake Anna - It was un-cast-able (Dec 21, 2012)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Windy Even in Lake Anna - It was un-cast-able (Dec 21, 2012)

It was very windy. The Chesapeake Bay was un-fish-able due to the strong wind. So I went Lake Anna because 14 knot wind was forecast in the morning.
    But the wind was very strong (20-25 knots) in the narrow creek I was, I am positive. I didn't catch any stripers but managed to catch a small Large Mouth Bass and 2 white perch. Whew! I barely escaped from another skunk day.
    If I weren’t on a Hobie Adventure, it would be very difficult to move forward against the wind even though the averge wave was less than 10 inches

Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

You are nuts to go in this weather. The best spot for striper fishing at Lake Anna is at before sunset at that bridge where outtake pipe pours water out. The locals cast big swim baits out there.

Comment

He has fishing fever, just like a lot of us.

Fishing fever - the mental condition marked by an unsatiable urge for pullage regardless of the challenges that prevent or deter the fisherman from obtaining the feeling. No weather condition or challenge is too intimidating to overcome the anticipation of fishing. The fever, in even the most dedicated of fisherman, is a continuous condition that can be overwhelming at times. The fever can occupy the mind 24 hrs/day for many fisherman. There is no remedy, other than to go fishing. Once the fisherman is fishing, the fever is somewhat pacified, but it returns soon after the fishing experience has passed. When the fever returns after a few hours of completing the fishing trip, the fisherman thinks about the next trip. Even after many fishing trips resulting in skunks, the fever doesn't go away in many fisherman. The only known "cure" other than fishing, and the cures are temporary, is for the fisherman to shop and buy fishing gear, work on his gear or watercraft or dream of fishing while sleeping. Friends, family members and others should be accommodating and sympathetic to this condition, and must always encourage and support the ailing fisherman.
      2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
      2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Yep... I have the fever!

Good job getting out and finding some fish in these conditions Joe!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

My fever is not quite to the level of Joe's and Michael's but I clearly understand the condition. I think Joe's fever is really a systemic condition of the brain. He defines it.

Great report (especially as I read it in the comfort of my home office). Looking forward to many more....

It should be noted that Joe is more than prepared when he goes out.

Ernie

Comment

Agreed! Joe you sir continue to inspire me!
            -Mustafa
            ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2012 Hobie Revolution 13
            "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Working...
            X