Occoquan River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Occoquan River

I plan on going to Occoquan River this weekend and was wonndering if anyone could give me some tips and tricks for fishing for Crappie and Yellow Perch.
    Last edited by M_Duong60; 12-18-2012, 09:52 AM.
    Ocean Kayak Trident 13: Sand

Hey VA guys,
    are you guys fishing during the last two weeks in December? Can you help him?

Minh,
    Let me see if I can fish when you are fishing.
    Assuming this will be your first kayak-fishing. Do you have a wader? Do you have a PFD and plan to wear it all the time? Will you leash your paddle? you can loose everything but not the paddle. You can't paddle with your hands. The worst scenario will be you can't get to the shore after being turtled in the cold water. Recently a kayaker died in Pohick or Occoquan.

crapie are under the docks. You want ultra light rod and reel first. 4-6# test mono is better than super braid. I will let you know later about the lures and minnow (where you can buy), and how to present them

Meanwhile, someone will give you more tips.

joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

I may go in the morning on Sat, depending on the winds. I think the Occoquan is fairly protected?

Comment

Big wind on Saturday. I may try and get out Sunday for a while.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Working...
        X