help with rigging my new kayak.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with rigging my new kayak.

I'm somewhat of a new member and feel strange asking for this help. I just recently purchased a Hummingbird portable fishfinder. I would like to permanently install the the transducer to the inner hull. I'm not what you would call mechanically inclined. I'd also like some help with rigging an anchor pully system. I am available almost anytime. I work 4 on and 4 off. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have a 12ft SOT BassPro model. I'm even willing to by lunch... pizza, subs, beer, or whatever. I live in Severna Pk or can come to you. Please help me,
    Thanks, Tom
    Tom Brown
    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
    2012 Hobie PA 14'
    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

there are some youtube videos that show you how to do these things. it's all really simple.

ive been pretty busy the past few weeks...hell, i havent even been able to fish! how soon you want help, i assume asap?
    sigpic

Comment

I need to do the anchor trolley as well! I tried togging with a drift anchor and it wasn't possible.

I haven't seen the portable mounts, does it come with a mount to attach to your kayak? Maybe post the model and we can give you some tips or matching how-to's.
      Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
      Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
      https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

I rigged a poor man's anchor trolley by clipping cheap carabiners to the lines for the bow and stern handles. I ran some nylon rope them them, left a little slack, and tied both ends to a stainless steel ring. I loop my anchor line through the ring, pull the ring to the bow, and tie off the loop. The purpose of the loop is to make it easy to dump the anchor in case I hook something big (hasn't happened yet) or I have to jet out of the way of oncoming boats (driving over crab pot floats--happened twice). I untie the loop, throw the line reel overboard, and away I go. The line I use for the anchor line floats. I could take some pictures, if that would help.
        Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
        Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Working...
        X